iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Dave1326

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware isn't compatible with MM

Post by Dave1326 »

MM Developers,

I think you owe it to your users to at least give status updates on this once a week. If the status is "We're still working on it" then so be it, but it would only take you a minute to post that and reassure us that you're aware of our frustrations with this issue. Your customers deserve better than what we are getting...
hansi54

Post by hansi54 »

I guess they found the way in... http://www.i-funbox.com/

So it will be just a metter of time until MM can do that also :D
piranha

Post by piranha »

hansi54 wrote:I guess they found the way in... http://www.i-funbox.com/

So it will be just a metter of time until MM can do that also :D
Read the details on the blog:
Limitations:
1. Media files uploaded by iFunBox will not be recognized by iTunes. iTunes report it cannot read the content and asks to restore.
2. Manually Respring or Reboot is required after uploading media files.
3. Currently iPod Shuffle can not play songs uploaded by iFunBox.
4. For 2.x firmware, file/media uploading doesn’t work properly. We’re just work on that.
jiri

Post by jiri »

There isn't much we can add to already published details, we are still looking for a solution for this problem. However, it's a work in progress and it's hard to guess when it will be fully finished.

Jiri
44enviro

Post by 44enviro »

With regard to the nano chromatic (4th Generation)

I am having a problem with album art.
I loaded a few songs via MM that have the album art in the tag. I noticed that the album art did not show up on the device.
I deleted the songs and loaded them to the device using iTunes. The album art was there and all was accurate.
I then shut iTunes and opened MM and loaded one song (different one) with album art and discovered that no album art was available even on the previously successful ones loaded via iTunes.

OK.. so to verify.. I deleted the device content.. and then..

Loaded about 75 songs from iTunes and all the album art was there and the device was accurate with songs and album art, etc..

I then Loaded a different single song with album art via MM, and the device now has no album art on any of the songs. It is apparent that when I use MM to load the songs, it corrupts some DB or Thumb DB regarding the album art.

This is obviously something that needs to be addressed as the newer devices are becoming more intuitive with album art, etc.. and we tend to rely on the look as well as the functionality of the album art.

To take a logical stab at the issue I would suspect that MM is altering the DB at some level which is not cohesive to the new nano chromatic, but is on previous versions, as i use MM with full success on my 160GB iPod Classic.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
gustavo

Post by gustavo »

Ipod nano chromatic works well with MM 3.04: the music transfers and I can see it in MM and in the device itself, however the artwork does not work, which is kind of a draw back since I don't get to use cover flow
44enviro

Post by 44enviro »

Forgive me I forgot to mention that I am using the latest MM version 3.0.4.1185.

Yes MM is working fine for the device except for the album art. Which is moderately crucial considering the device is really a graphical device and the album art adds a presence to the experience.

I have become used to it. Sometimes using it as a tool to quckly discern the album the track is from. Sometimes out of sheer memory I can look at the album art and no exactly the songs and style, etc...

Hopefully a quick fix is in the works.

James...
dgutter

Post by dgutter »

I know this is probably a silly question, but here it goes. Apple not has an updated firmware, 2.1 for the touch. Since I have already updated to 2.0 and stuck using ITunes until MM finds a solution, should I update to 2.1? Does anyone know if 2.1 has any hashing changes from 2.0 version?

Thanks,
David
sakurakessho

Post by sakurakessho »

Well, all I've got to add to this is that the devs are working on it and when they figure things out they'll let us know.

So all of you clamoring for a status update, well, they say that "no news is good news", right? That must mean they're too busy figuring out Apple's new hash. :)
*MM Gold as of 04.23.08*
gpritchard

Email notification list for 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch updates

Post by gpritchard »

I am the (mostly) happy owner of an iPhone 3G, and I wanted to give my 2 cents on this issue, and make a suggestion for Ventis that will help keep us 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch users happy in the interim.

1. keep up the good work -- you have a great product, and we all would love for it to work on the 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch models
2. instead of posting updates in this thread, why not let interested parties sign up for an email alert ie. we submit our email addresses, then you send an email to all of us when:

(a) you have interesting news/updates to report on 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch compatibility, and
(b) a 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch-compatible version of MediaMonkey is released.

One of the most annoying parts of MM's lack of support for 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch models is the fact that I have had to keep regularly returning to this thread to see whether there has been any progress. Being able to sign up for some kind of email alert from Ventis when this whole 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch compatibility mess is sorted out would make me a whole lot happier.

Does anyone else have a view on this?
materna

Post by materna »

Is this version working with iPod Touch 2.x?

http://winfuture.de/news,42429.html
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

materna wrote:Is this version working with iPod Touch 2.x?

http://winfuture.de/news,42429.html
No.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
msfeinstein

Re: Email notification list for 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch updates

Post by msfeinstein »

Why don't you sign up for email notifications on updates to this thread? You will get notified whenever anyone posts (which will result in a few notifications when folks are simply asking for an update), but when the dev team posts their success here, you'll find out immediately.

gpritchard wrote:I am the (mostly) happy owner of an iPhone 3G, and I wanted to give my 2 cents on this issue, and make a suggestion for Ventis that will help keep us 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch users happy in the interim.

1. keep up the good work -- you have a great product, and we all would love for it to work on the 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch models
2. instead of posting updates in this thread, why not let interested parties sign up for an email alert ie. we submit our email addresses, then you send an email to all of us when:

(a) you have interesting news/updates to report on 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch compatibility, and
(b) a 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch-compatible version of MediaMonkey is released.

One of the most annoying parts of MM's lack of support for 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch models is the fact that I have had to keep regularly returning to this thread to see whether there has been any progress. Being able to sign up for some kind of email alert from Ventis when this whole 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch compatibility mess is sorted out would make me a whole lot happier.

Does anyone else have a view on this?
gpritchard

Re: Email notification list for 2.0+ iPhone/iPod Touch updates

Post by gpritchard »

I have already subscribed to this thread, but as you said that just notifies me that someone has replied to this thread -- still requiring me to log on and see what was said. That is quite different to what I proposed in my last post.
msfeinstein wrote:Why don't you sign up for email notifications on updates to this thread? You will get notified whenever anyone posts (which will result in a few notifications when folks are simply asking for an update), but when the dev team posts their success here, you'll find out immediately.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.