Problems with db field "DateAdded"

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

popper

Problems with db field "DateAdded"

Post by popper »

Hi all,

although I've been using MM since 2003, somehow along the way, the field "added on" apparently went corrupt. All files that have been added before 24th July 2004 now bear the information that they have been added at exactly that date. All files after that date are shown with the correct information.

Fortunately, I still have the original information of when I've added them: in the playlist section "New Tracks", I can see files as e.g. being "Added 2003-10-15" (that was the day when I discovered MediaMonkey!)

So, what I would like to do now is to write a script where I can select a range of songs, enter a date in an input box and set the "added" date accordingly.

However, when I was playing around with the Songs.DateAdded field directly in the database, modifications of this field did not seem to have any effect on the dates displayed.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help appreciated.

TIA,
popper
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Hi.

I think you should do this directly in Access. You can make a query with the Tables "Playlists", "PlaylistSongs" and "Songs", extract the Date out of the "PlaylistName" and write it into the DateAdded-field in the "Songs"-Table. So you don't have to touch each file. But be carefull :wink:
One Problem could be that in my DB the DateAdded field has a Number-Format, so that for example the timestamp "22.11.2004 08:05:21" is saved as "38313,337043634" in the DateAdded-field. You can convert the Number by using cdate but i don't know the function backwards.

Hope that helps a little.

Enrico
jiri

Post by jiri »

Just a note re. corruption: Actually, this is ok since the field was only added later in MM development (I think MM 2.2, you can check whatsnew file) and so only files added later have correct dates in your library. I hope you can somehow import that data from playlists if it's important for you.

Jiri