Cannot sync MM with new iPhone 3G

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

bluehorseshoe76

Cannot sync MM with new iPhone 3G

Post by bluehorseshoe76 »

Having trouble getting my new iPhone 3G to sync with MM...might have something to do with the new 2.0 Software? MM sees my iPhone, syncs music over where I can see the songs on the unit via MM, but when I physically am on the iPhone and go to iPod for music - it shows no music. Then when I open iTunes it gives me an error that it can't read the iPhone anymore and goes through the restore process. Any ideas of a driver or workaround? I even tried syncing a file from iTunes first, closing it down, firing up MM and syncing music - and end up in the same scenario. :cry: My itouch running the old 1.1 apple SW worked fine - but this is the first attempt w/ new iPhone running 2.0. Thoughts and insight would be most appreciated!

Re: Cannot sync MM with new iPhone 3G

Post by Guest »

Hallo
I have the same Problem.
I updated my "OLD" iPhone to SW 2.0
There is also a problem with the new Firmware.
xpurityx

Post by xpurityx »

I just saw the same issue with my iPod Touch with 2.0... I pray that I don't have to sync my music with iTunes!
MajorNoNo

Post by MajorNoNo »

Have the same prob. It said on the MM website that vs 3.03 is capable of syncing an Iphone. Apparently not as Apple intended :)
Hope they come with a fix soon.
artist_manque

Post by artist_manque »

I'm having the exact same issue as well with my iPod Touch 2.0. Has anyone tried rolling back the ipod software to the previous version to see if it starts working again? I'm thinking of trying this next. I REFUSE to use itunes!!
I really hope Media Monkey can find a way around this. We shouldn't have to compromise the features of our iPod Touch / iPhone to use Media Monkey. DAMN APPLE!!!!
john-nicholas

Post by john-nicholas »

Yep.

Me too. :-?

(Old iPhone with SW 2.0)

Regards,
John
DN7335

Post by DN7335 »

Same issue here, wish I had read this before I tried to sync. I had spent at least an hour getting my new iPhone all set up how I liked it, then had to do the restore. Then after the restore the Apple servers were having problems and it wouldn't connect to authorize the phone again, I was down for about 2 hours with no phone.

I had to go use a utility to refresh my iTunes library to see all the new music I had added since I switched over to MM, then sync from iTunes...bleh...

iTunes is decent for video podcasts and installing apps, etc, but I hate using it for music. Once you get used to using MM then iTunes just won't do. I'm also convinced that Apple purposefully released an inferior version for Windows to drive people to the Mac.
Benn

Post by Benn »

The new iPhone has just been released, so it may take a while for the MM developers to "crack" it... but its almost certain they will. :D
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

If anyone know a way to downgrade an iPod Touch v.2.0 to 1.1.4 it would be nice... not being able to use MM really s.... :(
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

Btw, I just reverted my iPod 2.0 to 1.1.4 using this guide, and it works.
artist_manque

Post by artist_manque »

x-cimo wrote:If anyone know a way to downgrade an iPod Touch v.2.0 to 1.1.4 it would be nice... not being able to use MM really s.... :(
I've managed to successfully downgrade my iPod Touch to v1.1.4 using this link...

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=76884

Work's a treat! :D

I hope MM can find a way around this soon :(
romonster

Post by romonster »

I'm also having this issue. Has anyone at MM indicated whether or not they are pursuing a fix for this?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I can't say for sure but I'd think that support is coming for the new 2.0 software, probably in the next beta cycle and will be released officially for 3.04.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Alex

Post by Alex »

The sooner they get this sorted the better...!

I really like MediaMonkey... hate only being able to add songs from one itunes!
granderne

Post by granderne »

Add me to the list. Worst thing is that it wiped out the applications that I had already purchased. :oops: