User defined action

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Exactly the way you listed it, except I changed the Mp3editPath to a program I had so I could see if it opened.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
vonster

Post by vonster »

trixmoto wrote:Exactly the way you listed it, except I changed the Mp3editPath to a program I had so I could see if it opened.

ok thanks .. im trying helium music manager now .. not too sure about media monkey

i like the concept of flexible scripting but ive just spent 3 hours trying to find workarounds to get the folders and nodes to be what i need them to be

if anyone can troubleshoot whats wrong with my script id still like to see if it can be done though ...

Post by Guest »

if anyone can troubleshoot whats wrong with my script id still like to see if it can be done though ...
I think you might need to edit the Scripts.ini to match your script name and path.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is an auto script so there is no need for an ini entry. It just needs to be placed in Scripts\Auto.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

Beg your pardon.
vonster

Post by vonster »

for clarification:

- i am running the script - modified exactly the way i posted it

- im running the INI file default, did not modify it

and i get the stated line error

all of my other scripts run fine ... Majik Nodes .. etc .. so im thinking its not a microsoft update thats the problem here

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There is nothing run with the code you are using. The error is on the call to WScript.Run - this is why I think you should upgrade your WScript.
vonster

Post by vonster »

trixmoto wrote:There is nothing run with the code you are using. The error is on the call to WScript.Run - this is why I think you should upgrade your WScript.

no, just installed it. same error.

again .... im copying the INI block into my Scripts.ini verbatim. nothing says that i should change the lines, and they do say:

[OpenInWinamp]
FileName=OpenWA.vbs
ProcName=OpenInWinamp
Order=1
DisplayName=Open file in &WinAmp
Description=Open file in WinAmp
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0

I tried changing all the Winamp references there to Mp3edit, and get the same errors.

you read my hack and it made sense to you? trust me i wont be suprised if theres an error in it, i just want to get it to work

Investor

Post by Investor »

vonster,

Could it be that you're running with your amended copy of Michael's code which runs to 76 lines, by mistake? The finished version which you posted runs to 46 lines and it works fine for me as well.
Investor

Post by Investor »

vonster,

I just posted my last comment at the same time as you.

1. Check your using your own 46 line script

2. Make sure your script is placed in Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

3. Delete the Open in Winamp entries in Scripts.ini. You probably don't need that anyway
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There should be no ini entries for an autoscript. Well, you can do, but in this situation you don't want that.

Re: Talking to yourself?

Post by Guest »

rusty wrote:Peke are you talking to yourself again? You've got to quit working so hard.

:P :D
judas

Post by judas »

Can someone please confirm if this script works in MM3? If not, are there any alternatives to it? I remember once using a script to do these, and I can't recall if it was this one!

(I need to open videos on VLC)}
Thanks
Cheers, judas
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've had a quick look at the code and there's nothing in there that shouldn't work with MM3. Have you tried it?
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

Hi Judas, this is the one I've been using and it works fine in MM3. Just have to update the path and name to the program you want to use.