Mini Player, I never use it, do you?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Do you use the miniplayer in MM?

You may select 1 option

View results

svenni

Mini Player, I never use it, do you?

Post by svenni »

I see a lot of the skins have a really nice miniplayer. But I must say that I never, and I mean never, use it. The tray controller is all I need, and else, it is all the nice info I can get in the main window that I really like about MM. So, skinners, use the time to make a nice main gui, and then make a decent miniplayer ;-).
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I never used the miniplayer until a slim version was developed for one of the skins here (see sig). I used to use Winamp and the main thing I missed about it was the window shade player. LikeMM made a slim version for the default skin, Glided, and also whipped one up for nohitter151's ZuneSkin. Finally, nohitter himself tweaked it even more, includes it officially now and it's pretty much perfect, AFAIC. Love it! :)

Oddly enough, I don't do a lot of control with it, I still use keys and the tray icon mostly (the version of Stop After Current script I'm using runs from the tray; another Winamp feature I was missing). I just like having the currently playing track and other information there always at the top of my screen. I think if the miniplayer had access to menu functions via right-click, I'd probably go there though since that's what I'm used to from my Winamp days.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i use the mini player most the time when i am not watching the concert, but i don't rarely use the microplayer. it just does not have enough flash for me. and buttons in the system tray what good is that all you see is buttons?
nope got to have the mini/ floatplayer it was just what was asked for before they made the new skin. a way to have a differently shaped skin. then petrcbr started, and made the microplayer's work .

the only thing i like monkey to use multiple ways of doing one thing is the many different ways to play the music and see the controls.

i like the guitar mini player i made it works good when playing spider you can put the neck of the guitar in between the rows of cards :roll:

the floating player also comes in handy when you want to view the web but cover up some of the non removeable flash advets.
if you have a bigenough floatplayer that is?.
:D

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Poll could use a few other options than...
Yeah, always
No, why the heck
I fall somewhere between the two. :wink:
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

I don't think I've ever used the miniplayer or the tray controls. I have two monitors at work, so I have MM maximized on one of them just about all the time. I use FoxyTunes to show the track info in Firefox, and multimedia keys to control playback - which is basically skipping a track and occasionally pausing.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

drjboulder wrote:Poll could use a few other options than...
Yeah, always
No, why the heck
I fall somewhere between the two. :wink:
yep like " i find the micro player unuseful. " or " i don't use the buttons in the tray cause i don't like them "

i would go for the second of those two i find them tray buttons useless.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
votrexflame

Post by votrexflame »

I always use mini-player when I am working in MS Word etc, and I like being able to rate a song that I'm listening. Though unfortunately many miniplayers don't have a rating option in mini-players. if anyone knows how to get a rating thing in Acua, let me know, please-please...
votrexflame

Post by votrexflame »

I always use mini-player when I am working in MS Word etc, and I like being able to rate a song that I'm listening. Though unfortunately many miniplayers don't have a rating option in mini-players. if anyone knows how to get a rating thing in Acua, let me know, please-please...