More skins !!

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

danhackley

More skins !!

Post by danhackley »

Come on Mediamonkey - a fully fledged media player - with only 7 skins in the "skins" section ! Most programs will offer much more than this.

I am looking for skins for MM3, especially where the player is small and does not span across the entire bottom of the screen !! Skins like softblue claim to do this, but the player size is fixed and empty space spans the screen instead !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

you can drag the player around in softblue. just put it where you want and it'll get rid of the empty space.
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

This is my favorite Skin - with small player or long - as you want :lol:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25322
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

7 skins? you did not look at my thread called "My Skin Sites "
i've got 13 listed in there of ones i converted and made.

the default skin morten did he locked in place.

just go to some other skin then you can click on it and move it where you want? execpt my concert skin i locked it in place too.

but the long skin side with the short looking player or the short player with the stretched side is the only way to get that look of the old player back. the right sides are made to slide so you can add windows down beside the player or move the player up beside some windows. to make it your layout.

rusty and jiri don't have to include any skins in their download only one. to use the player with so 7 of them included in the install is a good amount. does winamp include all their skins you can get from their web site?

which rusty is trying to get a hosting site ready so all the skins can be there just like winamps site is. but until then you got to go to the wiki site and look for one and then go to its download page if not linked from the wiki site. mine are like that you have to go to my website.

but to say there are only 7 skins? not if you looked at the wiki screen shots. go to the monkey's download page then to the addons page click on skins it will take you to the wiki's skinning page. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MacMaster

Post by MacMaster »

if you want more, search better!! what are you think about an own skin how you like?? than you can offer it for us :))
MM-W7 v1.1 -- last update 21.11.2010 --
MM-Ultimate v2.1 -- last update 25.02.2008 --
MM-PSP v1.1 -- last update 26.02.2008 --
MM-White_O v1.0 -- release 11.03.2008 --

Post by Guest »

I agree, MORE SKINS come on you customizers make more skins.
oh cool tickle the apes to post
nohitter151

Re: More skins !!

Post by nohitter151 »

danhackley wrote:Come on Mediamonkey - a fully fledged media player - with only 7 skins in the "skins" section ! Most programs will offer much more than this.

I am looking for skins for MM3, especially where the player is small and does not span across the entire bottom of the screen !! Skins like softblue claim to do this, but the player size is fixed and empty space spans the screen instead !
It does span across the screen, and there is open space, but you have to be the one to fill that space with something. There's no way (even with custom skinning) to just make that space "disappear". Put a lyrics panel, now playing, album art... anything down there.

As far as those of you asking for more skins... be patient! It takes weeks to months to make a full skin, and its hard work! Those of us skinning are just doing it for fun, and the information is out there for anyone to make a skin. If you aren't satisfied with what's available, learn to make your own :D!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

weeks or months? :-? :o umm? well okay depending on the level of free time one has that might be true. but it only takes 4 to 5 hours for a overlay of new images on another skin to make it look different,

and 24 hours to make one of your own idea where you got to get the images found or made. and then put them all together, and then set up the button locations by the ini file.?

if the skin is really creative it can take you 48 or 64 hours to get it set up.

now admitting i do not work and will park my butt in this chair until the skin is finished if i start one. so the above hours are solid work hour on the skin. and not hours with 3, coffee breaks of 8 minutes each. so if you can't park it in the chair and work then it can take you weeks to months but it is not really hard to make them. although this chair is getting very hard lately (my old donkey is just a smokin' ) like i been on a 3 month freight haul around the usa and canada again. i thought that feeling was only caused by the semi truck air ride seat?

yes that line ( ) in them is from a trucking song. :P :roll:

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
wholesale_phil

Post by wholesale_phil »

i'm on it . granted any skins i submit will seemingly have a lot of philadelphia eagles themes or at least be of some dark green hue but i'm on it .
i do smoke. if this bothers anyone, i suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*****' mouth. - the late, great Bill Hicks R.I.P.

Post by Guest »

I appreciate it takes a long time to make skins .... and good work to those who have done so. Mediamonkey should employ some skinners....they must be making plenty of cash from all those opting for MM Gold.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

wholesale_phil wrote:i'm on it . granted any skins i submit will seemingly have a lot of philadelphia eagles themes or at least be of some dark green hue but i'm on it .
wow great a person from PA. too bad its on the wrong side. ha ha h aha a LOL how about a Pitt's team skin, i know i know your reply is whats that. ha h ah a LOL

yep i am from pitt's area. but live in texas now. boy do i get looks down here when i say go steelers. it don't matter if i call my self cowboy they still want to stomp on me for the steelers comment. fun fun fun. :lol: :lol:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Anonymous wrote:I appreciate it takes a long time to make skins .... and good work to those who have done so. Mediamonkey should employ some skinners....they must be making plenty of cash from all those opting for MM Gold.
someone brought that up before i don't remember the answer they got but, if Mediamonkey developers were to hire skinners wouldn't that put a damper on all the fun free skinners have in making them? me i only make graphics for programs i like. the more i make the more i like the program.

i only did 4 skins for winamp and they only have 2 of them on their site anymore they got rid of the other ones. not that they were not working its just they did not want them on the site.

i started making them here because i like media monkey and as a way of giving something back since i don't buy things online i use snail mail addresses for that, so its a form of fun and payback for me to make the skins. but i am wanting more help because i know i can't be the only one with off the wall ideas, so guest how about joining in and making some skins too. the more the merrier :D

8)
wholesale_phil

Post by wholesale_phil »

i've done skins for wmp, jet audio, winamp, various forums (CSS) and modifications for MOHAA (pc game) . problem is even though i use tuts, i rely more on ''trial and error'' , using the tuts more as a back up . ie. i'm browsing MoDementia's tut for the skin starter pack and i'm basically sitting here muttering ''wtf'' every ten seconds . it's not that it's was written badly but i have no clue why steps are being done . hence the fall back with my ''reverse-engineering'' style . i can figure out how to do something just not explain or even understand fully why it does something . roving...this is as close as i'll get to doing a stealers skin....

i am glad to see we'll probably skin in the same style, being we seemingly have the same aptitude (modify it because it's there) .
i do smoke. if this bothers anyone, i suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*****' mouth. - the late, great Bill Hicks R.I.P.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

wholesale_phil wrote:i've done skins for wmp, jet audio, winamp, various forums (CSS) and modifications for MOHAA (pc game) . problem is even though i use tuts, i rely more on ''trial and error'' , using the tuts more as a back up . ie. i'm browsing MoDementia's tut for the skin star....
Don't look at that thread, its outdated and only for skinning MM2, MM3 has a new skinning engine and method. This guide helped me most when I began to skin:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

he did that tut on mm 2 its old go to the wiki site and get the tuts on there for making mm 3 skins. my fast newbie one and more detailed info in mortens how to make them lesson. for mm 3.

8)