Classification and Genre Changer 1.1.1 (2008-03-01) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fridge

Post by fridge »

Sorry spacefish, I can't really be of great help here either as I don't have any experience with ActiveX and IE settings. (I'm using only firefox usually) :(

Maybe someone else can help on this one ...
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Heh... I'm a Firefox user too.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

Very cool! Works well on this end! Thanks for the effort!
fridge

Post by fridge »

@spacefish:

I played around with my registry and I was able to reproduce your error.
I figure you've already done this but please check again that all of the 4 following keys in your registry are set to 0:

Go to HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-725345543-1202660629-2147082517-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0

Set

1200 (DWORD) = 0
1201 (DWORD) = 0
1400 (DWORD) = 0
1406 (DWORD) = 0

More info

fingers crossed :)
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
fridge

Post by fridge »

cadmanmeg wrote:Very cool! Works well on this end! Thanks for the effort!
Thanks! I'm happy you like it! :D
fridge's MM-Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

fridge wrote:@spacefish:

I played around with my registry and I was able to reproduce your error.
I figure you've already done this but please check again that all of the 4 following keys in your registry are set to 0:

Go to HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-725345543-1202660629-2147082517-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0

Set

1200 (DWORD) = 0
1201 (DWORD) = 0
1400 (DWORD) = 0
1406 (DWORD) = 0

More info

fingers crossed :)
Thank you, fridge, I had tried that already. Even went so far as to change the settings for local machine but no dice.

BUT....

I decided to try something I'd read about here, totally unrelated to any scripts I'm using, and it worked! I ran MM once as admin and both your script and MonkeyRok worked. Switched back over to standard user MM and voila! Scripts still running!

Thanks for all your help and patience. :)

Paula
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
fridge

Post by fridge »

@spacefish: Happy you got it all working now! :D 8)
I'll probably add something about this issue and its solutions to the description.
fridge's MM-Scripts
fridge

Post by fridge »

Teknojnky wrote:idea: it might be better to have 2 colors.. one for committed and another for un-commited..

green = saved in tag/db
yellow (or orange maybe) = not saved in tag/db
made a quick update that mainly adds this functionality. Thanks again for the suggestion! :D
fridge's MM-Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

took me a bit to realize, but I figured out this script causes the IE 'navigation' sound* to fire every track change..

when not selected, it should not do any processing (IMO)

I think also other scripts suffer the same behavior, but I don't remember which ones (I'm not using any others that do it at the moment).

* I realize I can disable the sound, but I _want_ the sound when I use the web browser, I just don't want it firing off during track changes.

more info re sound
Sblast

Post by Sblast »

Every time a songs passes it asks froa ACTIVEX approval.
I will not use it for now./
But thank you :)
fridge

Post by fridge »

@Teknojnky:

Thanks for another helpful suggestion Teknojnky! :) I totally agree and this will be changed in the upcoming version.

@Sblast:

This is probably due to your IExplorer settings. This should stop the messages ...
fridge's MM-Scripts
fridge

Post by fridge »

Version 1.1 is out with some major updates:

- Added "add new" functionality.
- Added downloading artist-genres from rateyourmusic.com - if you select a genre that isn't yet part of your list you are asked whether you want to add it. In this dialog you can also change the genre name. Note: as rateyourmusic.com has relaunched its genre system two weeks ago many artists do not have any genres yet. It will probably take a few month until it is nicely filled with genres again. Also, they might change their website design (e.g. they were talking about adding colors to the genres according to how many people have voted for them). In this case the code will have to be adapted.
- changed design: All classifications and genres are hidden at startup, click the caption once to show them, click it again to hide them again.
- Added a checkbox "apply to artist" under each classification type. If you check this checkbox the values you have selected will be written to all of the artist's other songs as well. values that have not been selected for the current song but are selected in other songs will be kept in these songs. Only values that were unselected (colour: red) will be deleted from all tracks (so to delete a value from all tracks just select it once and apply to artist then unselect it and apply to artist again).
- The classifiction changer will only be updated when it is active.

Hope you like it :)
fridge's MM-Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Very nice! Thanks. :)
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

The option to apply to artist is a great idea. I wonder if you could further extend this script with an option to apply to album. I will rarely want to use the artist option as I'm very particular about what classifications I set for what purpose, but I almost always use the same classification or genre throughout an album.
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote:The option to apply to artist is a great idea. I wonder if you could further extend this script with an option to apply to album. I will rarely want to use the artist option as I'm very particular about what classifications I set for what purpose, but I almost always use the same classification or genre throughout an album.
That is interesting because I am the opposite. I like to set my genre's by individual tracks and my classifications, particularly Occasion will be at the album and/or artist level, I like to use the Mood classification for the artists/tracks original genre. I have my collection broken up into only 13 genre's. How do you use your classifications??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files