Classification and Genre Changer 1.1.1 (2008-03-01) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fridge

Classification and Genre Changer 1.1.1 (2008-03-01) [MM3]

Post by fridge »

This script has originally issued with WebNodes, however as it has grown and improved since then I feel it's got the right to exist on it's own. I've rewritten great parts of the original code (see description below).

First of all, here's a screenschot:

Version 1.1.1 (Updated: 2008-02-25):
installer

Version history:
Version 1.1.1
- Added option "Apply to Album".

Version 1.1
- Added "add new" functionality.
- Added downloading artist-genres from rateyourmusic.com - if you select a genre that isn't yet part of your list you are asked whether you want to add it. In this dialog you can also change the genre name. Note: as rateyourmusic.com has relaunched its genre system two weeks ago many artists do not have any genres yet. It will probably take a few month until it is nicely filled with genres again. Also, they might change their website design (e.g. they were talking about adding colors to the genres according to how many people have voted for them). In this case the code will have to be adapted.
- changed design: All classifications and genres are hidden at startup, click the caption once to show them, click it again to hide them again.
- Added a checkbox "apply to artist" under each classification type. If you check this checkbox the values you have selected will be written to all of the artist's other songs as well. values that have not been selected for the current song but are selected in other songs will be kept in these songs. Only values that were unselected (colour: red) will be deleted from all tracks (so to delete a value from all tracks just select it once and apply to artist then unselect it and apply to artist again).
- The classifiction changer will only be updated when it is active.

Version 1.0.3
- Added colors: green = selected and in tag/DB; yellow = selected but not in tag/DB yet; red = in tag/DB but not selected (thanks to Teknojnky who suggested this)
- fixed bug: tags were updated more than once
- fixed bug: problems with handling " and ' characters

Version 1.0.2
- fixed another bug that was producing a runtime error

Version 1.0.1
- fixed a bug that made the script not working (absolute path)

description:
  • adds a node (located after the Web Node) that gives you access to the Classification and Genre Changer :P
  • lists all the tempos, moods, occasions and genres (only if used) from your database
  • the tags from your currently playing song are highlighted
  • to change the tags simply select / unselected them by clicking them
  • green = selected and in tag/DB; yellow = selected but not in tag/DB yet; red = in tag/DB but not selected
  • hit apply and your changes are written to the songtag and the MM-database
  • lists tags you have already tagged the artist's songs with as well as the number of times you've used them with this artist
There's of course a lot of room for improvement (like customisation options, recommended tags from the web, ...)

Enjoy ...

looking forward to your comments, suggestions :D
Last edited by fridge on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
bob61

Post by bob61 »

Installed your script, sounds like it would be useful. However selecting the "Classification Changer" just displays this:

fridge

Post by fridge »

Found the source of the error ... will fix it and post a new version.
Last edited by fridge on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I get the same empty window, but I don't have very many tracks with classifications set.

So I will take a wild guess that if no classifications are set, the script does not run correctly.
fridge

Post by fridge »

just a wrong link to the .vbs-file in the .htm, so if you do not have the exact same MM-Path as I do it won't work ...

brb
fridge's MM-Scripts
fridge

Post by fridge »

fixed version is up ... please report if it's working now :o

@Teknojnky: yes, that's what I'm doing with the other links. But I forgot this one :oops:
fridge's MM-Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

btw, instead of using a file hoster website, you might try google pages thats I been using to host some of my script files.

direct download links seem to work fine there

edit: also script working ok now, looks good, nice job!

I like how the links toggle color when you click on them.. idea: it might be better to have 2 colors.. one for committed and another for un-commited..

ie
green = saved in tag/db
yellow (or orange maybe) = not saved in tag/db
fridge

Post by fridge »

thx for the feedback Teknojnky ... glad it's working now :D
also thx for the googlepages tip, I'll probably set up an account there soon

edit: I like the idea with the two colors, let me see if I can implement it in the next version

editedit: maybe I should also have light red for tags that the song currently has but that have been unselected ... but maybe that'd be too many colors
fridge's MM-Scripts
bob61

Post by bob61 »

fridge wrote:fixed version is up ... please report if it's working now :o

@Teknojnky: yes, that's what I'm doing with the other links. But I forgot this one :oops:
Thanks - did the trick.
fridge

Post by fridge »

did a minor update to the code that fixes a bug
fridge's MM-Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Unfortunately, I'm still getting only the blank page as reported above. :(
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
fridge

Post by fridge »

spacefish wrote:Unfortunately, I'm still getting only the blank page as reported above. :(
Sorry bout that Spacefish. It's working nicely here ... I'll see if I can find something later on. :-?
fridge's MM-Scripts
fridge

Post by fridge »

@spacefish: Just tried installing it on another pc's fresh mm-installation. It's working but it needs to have ActiveX allowed... maybe that could be the problem?

edit: does the old version of the ClassChanger (the one that was included with WebNodes) work at your pc?
fridge's MM-Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

fridge wrote:@spacefish: Just tried installing it on another pc's fresh mm-installation. It's working but it needs to have ActiveX allowed... maybe that could be the problem?
Grr.... I have changed my computer zone to run ActiveX content and I have no idea why it doesn't work. :cry:

This is probably the same reason I can't get MonkeyRok to work or the Windows Sidebar Gadget. This is the only thing I don't like about MM. Some scripts work. Some don't and it's all hit or miss. And I can't figure it out!
edit: does the old version of the ClassChanger (the one that was included with WebNodes) work at your pc?
No, that didn't work either.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway. I am out of ideas.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes