adding/removing plugins

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

clio22

adding/removing plugins

Post by clio22 »

This is a great comprehensive app! Thanks.

The sound, though, is tinny. I installed the MAD and CDReader plugins, but the quality of the sound did not improve. Do I need to remove some Songs-DB default plugins?

Thanks.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Re. the tinny sound, I'm not sure what you're comparing it to. If you're comparing it to Winamp, there shouldn't really be a noticeable difference. If you're comparing it to MS Mediaplayer, which has SRS enabled by default, there might be some noticeable difference.

There are a couple of ways to deal with this:
1) Tune the equalizer
2) Install and enable the dfx plug-in (one of my favorites): http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/1294 ... winamp.exe
3) Enable the Stereo expander plug-in that comes with Songs-DB (I find that the effect is sufficiently subtle so as not to detract from the music).

Note: all of the above assumes that you installed MAD and CD Reader correctly. If you installed them manually, then you must rename the original mp3 and cd plugins to in_dsmp3.dll.off and in_cda.dll.off respectively, so that they're not used by Songs-DB (or you can simply delete the original plugins).
clio22

Post by clio22 »

Yes, I was comparing it to Windows Media Player (what's SRS?) and also another mp3 player (mp3 cool play). I don't use Winamp.

I tried equalizing, but I get a pop-up that says "equalizer isn't implemented yet". Am I missing some plugins? I downloaded v1.3/5.425.

I'll try your suggestions. Thanks again.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I was referring to the latest 1.4 beta of the software, which you can find in the beta forum. If you don't mind playing with betas, you'll find that it's generally easier to use, has more features, and is more robust.

btw, you can find more info about SRS at: http://www.srslabs.com/ .