Exporting a list for a Ipaq like device

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

gilbert

Exporting a list for a Ipaq like device

Post by gilbert »

Hi,

First, thanks for your software. It is great !

I have a wish for your soft. I have an Ipaq and It could be nice to have a feature for making very easily an export to a specific folder for this kind of embedded device.
I propose you to put in your software an embedded cache abstraction :
- to add an Embedded cache folder in your main options menu,
- a specific option for indicating the compress export format and the rate supported by the device, and the maximum size of the cache folder.
- To add in the actions, an Embedded cache Queued action.
- To extend using right click on the name of a song an embedded cache song action.

This could be great to improve the export for a PDA like device.

Regards,
Gilbert.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Such feature is quite specific and so I don't think it will be implemented as a function in Songs-DB. However, if I understand correctly what you mean, it will be easy to accomplish this using the new scripting possibilities of Songs-DB. This script support will be in version 1.2 (hopefully) and it will allow you to access the internal data structures as well as some functions of Songs-DB using Visual Basic scripting language (or any other scripting language). It will be used for example for making exports to any output format, but virtually anything could be easily added that way. If you think it isn't what you mean, then let me know.

Jiri