upnp

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

emalvick

Post by emalvick »

Kos wrote:I use MM for managing and editing my collection - and I use it a lot. Twonky is NOT a manager/editor, it's a streaming software (media server). And yes - it "only" scans and streams my collection because that's the purpose of a media server, nothing else.

Without MM I couldn't stream (via Twonky) the CORRECT tags/the edited collection to my clients.

I couldn't live without this setup and haven't seen anything better. It works very well for me.

Kos
I know that Twonky is NOT a media manager, but it relies on its own database and its own management of mp3's to serve music. I. All I am saying is that the scanning (and streaming are less than perfect). It's own database is awful, and that is important since using Twonky is only as good as it's own program. Sure I use MM to organize everything, but Twonky really isn't capable of utilizing anything other than tags (which I've had organized for years before I was using MM). The advantage that MM has is that it can handle quite a large database without choking, and it allows me to fine tune my organization beyond what Tags can do. Twonky can't even find 1/3 of my music because it seems to be limited to a certain library size. It can't even handle playlists unless they are exported to M3U. Yet, it would be great if my automatic playlists were automatically available to it. It would be nice if Twonky could utilize the MM DB. It would be nice if there was a plug in that could stream from MM. That's really all people are asking for when they wish for this feature.