freeware

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Offpat

freeware

Post by Offpat »

I am intreagued how or why you produce this software for free. Are you prepared to tell me/us? :-?
llwb

Re: freeware

Post by llwb »

Offpat wrote:I am intreagued how or why you produce this software for free. Are you prepared to tell me/us? :-?
Are you asking this question because you are amazed by how good this software program is? I have downloaded and tried just about every music cataloging program out there - nearly all cost money - and Songs-DB seems to me to be - except that it lacks CDtext feature - perhaps the best one of them all.

llwb
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'm glad that you are satisfied! Songs-DB doesn't cost any money, but users can upgrade to Songs-DB Gold and thus purchase some additional features. This brings some money for further development...

Jiri
Offpat

freeware

Post by Offpat »

I wish you luck. It seems great software.
The only thing I would say is that the sound quality doesnt seem to be as good as some others but I maybe wrong.
Me

Post by Me »

I had the same problem, but Jiri suggested me to install the mad decoder plugin. It's free and it's very good.

1. Dowload it at http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/mad-plugin/
2. Install it in your winamp directory (BTW, I don't need winamp as a matter of fact...)
3. Then remove in_dsmp3.dll in Songs-db/plugins dir (put it elsewhere if you wish)
4. Finally copy in_mad.dll in Songs-db/plugins from then winamp/plugins directory

Restart Songs-Db.

The mad plugin not only solve some sound issues, but the quality is much better.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks that you explained it instead of me, you are right, MAD is probably the best thing you can use for MP3 playback today.

Jiri
Me

Post by Me »

I suppose there are some licensing issues that make impossible to include it by default with Songs-DB.

Yet it could be nice for newbie to have a small and independent Mad plugin installer for Songs-Db

Just an idea
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, exactly, there are licensing problems. However, it might improve in the future, maybe even by including MAD or some other solution.

Jiri