Sourcing new icons for skinning

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

SonicNova

Sourcing new icons for skinning

Post by SonicNova »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are people creating and sourcing icons for their skins. I'm currently tweaking a skin DreadM created for me, and would like to import Helium's icons to this skin and then colorize them to orange to blend with the skin. I tried first copying the Helium icons to an icon folder within my Sonic skin folder but MM won't open, Something's not quite working there so I thought I'd throw this question there on two fronts: where to design and source icons, and possibly why my icon folder is preventing MM from opening. Thanks.
MM User since 2010.
rovingcowboy

Re: Sourcing new icons for skinning

Post by rovingcowboy »

by icon's do you mean for the button images?
or for the mm icon's on the task bar or desktop to start the program with?

button images are kept in the skin mmip file and then inside the skins files the mmip file holds.
there are some icons in the the programs folder they are in the data file I think?
if you want to change the skin buttons you have to use the skin editing tool and redo the images.

if you never skinned something then follow the guides on mediamonkey's wiki site there are a few there.
until they change the skinning engine the guides will help you. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.