Mellon Skins V 1.3.1.0 (05.09.2011)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Pman

Re: Mellon Skins V 1.2.0.0 (31.07.2011)

Post by Pman »

Wow, i love the Mellon eee version, looks soooo nice on my laptop. Thanks DreadM...Ok i'm now officially swapping my normal skin from your already great Delletronic eee to Mellon eee.

Just a few minor things you could hopefully consider:

- The search box has a black border, can you make this white?
- Also underneath the AA buttons (Now playing/Selected) and above the AA there's a black border/line, can you make this white too?
- In the playlist the # column has all the numbers in white but it's hard to read over the aqua colour, could this be black if possible?
- Im not sure how it would look but maybe make the play/pause button green like your normal Mellon/Mellon Aero skins.
- Lastly which im not sure if it's possible but ill ask anyway....is if you could remove the white line between the player and the details bar (where it shows # files, # GB, # Hours, etc) and then make the top bit of the play button fully curved (as if it's not cut off) which means the curve would show up on the details bar [Check my below poor paint skills on what i mean)...i have a feeling that's quite hard to do but it could look nice.

Thanks a lot DreadM!
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I love the translucent progressbar.
I didn't know it was possible to make it look like this with an horizontal gradient!
Looks so nice!!
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Pman2009 wrote:The search box has a black border, can you make this white?
i try before and i don't like how it looks ,it is also used in the properties menu
Pman2009 wrote:Also underneath the AA buttons (Now playing/Selected) and above the AA there's a black border/line
until know it's not possible to defined the color form this line
Pman2009 wrote:Im not sure how it would look but maybe make the play/pause button green like your normal Mellon/Mellon Aero skins.
the eee version had many faces before and a long time a green playpaus button, but in the end it was somehow to heavy,so i make this version
Pman2009 wrote:make the top bit of the play button fully curved (as if it's not cut off)

short time i was thinking about ,but decide to make a movable player ,i think now it's more balanced .

maybe you want to try the Theme Editor 7 to make the changes by yourself
Dreadlau wrote:Looks so nice!!
:D :wink:
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Mellon-eee is a lot better for me.

Thanks DreadM. :)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Pman2009 wrote:- Lastly which im not sure if it's possible but ill ask anyway....is if you could remove the white line between the player and the details bar (where it shows # files, # GB, # Hours, etc) and then make the top bit of the play button fully curved (as if it's not cut off) which means the curve would show up on the details bar [Check my below poor paint skills on what i mean)...i have a feeling that's quite hard to do but it could look nice.
ok, i try it out ,was a bit tricky ,(2 bars above )but it works , only problem is that the top green curve don't change state colors !
Pman

Post by Pman »

DreadM wrote:
Pman2009 wrote:- Lastly which im not sure if it's possible but ill ask anyway....is if you could remove the white line between the player and the details bar (where it shows # files, # GB, # Hours, etc) and then make the top bit of the play button fully curved (as if it's not cut off) which means the curve would show up on the details bar [Check my below poor paint skills on what i mean)...i have a feeling that's quite hard to do but it could look nice.
ok, i try it out ,was a bit tricky ,(2 bars above )but it works , only problem is that the top green curve don't change state colors !
Oh nice one, is was possible! But yeh i had a feeling that the mouse over colour would be a problem. Just an idea, again probably might be hard, Can you have two images for the details bar, one with the green state colour, one with the dark blue mouse over colour and everytime you put your mouse over the play button the details bar changes image?....or does this get even more complicated?

Thanks a lot thought for giving it a go, don't worry about it if it doesnt work because the player itself looks nice as it is! :D
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Pman2009 wrote: Can you have two images for the details bar, one with the green state colour, one with the dark blue mouse over colour and everytime you put your mouse over the play button the details bar changes image?....or does this get even more complicated?
:lol: ,nice idea ,but not possible :wink:
SLE

Post by SLE »

First: Thx - in my opinion the greatest MM-Skin ever.

But I have two huge problems - that are quite strange for me:

1.) The menu/titlebar in all posted screenshots looks so nice. I see only that grey...
2.) When I want to go to miniplayer nothing happens and MM4 freezes. I have to kill it via ProcessManager. (Happens with all Mellon Versions - but not with any other scan).

My system: German Win7x86-SP1, no aero, MM4 latest Beta. I can reproduce it even i a VM.

Some idea?
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

1:
If understand you right ,you run win7 with a non Aero theme ,
hm, this configuration i didn't test.
but i think i can fix this for the next update.
you can try to run MM4 in XP compatibility modus,(looks the same as non areo theme)

2:
have no idea ,but i will look for this ,
looks like MM4 have problems with the miniplayer on non Aero or Xp compatibility modus /themes
:-?
SLE

Post by SLE »

Thx for quick answer!
Yes. With Aero enabled all works and looks as it should be - even MiniPlayer. Also in XP-compatible mode Menubar is blue and bot grey.
But nevertheless, it would be nice if it could work without aero too.
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

back from vacation and nice to see that you are still working on this nice skin.
really like the slim version of it!
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Ah ,yes I'm never satisfied , :lol:
at the moment eee version looks like this :

i miss the rating option from player and separate time display,
it works on big screens ,but maybe not on small notebooks :-?

what you think about ?
Pman

Post by Pman »

DreadM wrote:Ah ,yes I'm never satisfied , :lol:
at the moment eee version looks like this :

i miss the rating option from player and separate time display,
it works on big screens ,but maybe not on small notebooks :-?

what you think about ?
Oh yeh i forgot that the ratings and time display were missing....Ha i think we were all in ore of your lovely skin that we forgot that a couple of important things were missing!! :lol:

Yeh I think that's the perfect place to put the star ratings and the time display. Just a note, when MM is in window mode, can you resize/shrink the window horizontally enough even with the rating/time displays added?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Just a little post to say that your Horizontal micro-monkey player rocks! :D

It got the song title, the seekbar, the play controls, volume, visualisation, ...
All that things without looking crowded.
The button are easy to aim to with the mouse.
And on top of that it looks damn good!
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

okay... found something weird :P

what's up with this purple line under the now playing / selected node in the album art? :lol: