Skinning functionality wishlist

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM

Re: Skinning functionality wishlist

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
nohitter151 wrote:Congrats guys, I believe we've got one of our wishes into MM 3.1 (starting at build 1228).
this one: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 78#p188078
Ah yes i notice that also,window captions now are centered,very nice. :D :D

But also border handling change since 1228 ,in ion skin is one singel borderline defined on left side from Panel/Frame (theme editor)and was showing between left and middel window,since 1228 it's showing between middel and right side,so this means the borders showing no longer in the middel/main window ,now there are showing left / right side windows.

Also there is a new entry in the player ini file
:RemoveBordersOnMainWindow=1
If you set this to =1 ,2 pix border disappear but also window captions not centered anymore. :-?

Also i don't understand why still 2 pix border are showing when you cross the close buttom from window caption and hide 2 pix from scrollbar ? :-?

This is a god start and there is still more work to do and i realy think the devs have to fix the current skinning engine ,before they put new features in it.There are just littel things who dont works right , but i hope they can be fix. :D

And we have to congratulate you :D :wink:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Updates in MM4:

-PopUpInfoPanel will support full alpha layer (transparency, rounded corners, etc.) in MM4.
-Search bar is more configurable (skinner can change selected/unselected text color and searchbar width)
-Full row selection can be implemented for the tree now (don't have to only highlight text)
-New AeroPlayer.mskn to support Windows Vista/7 transparency
-New FullScreenPlayer.mskn for full screen video player
-New property for the FloatPlayer (can set maximum size)
-Visualization can now be embedded into the background of the volume bar
-# Column text color can now be changed from the default grey color
-New: Ability to create "Custom" buttons with various actions (actions list not fully defined yet)
-Single view button with drop-down menu
-New "Art Browser" view
-Possibility to skin the background of the "Art Browser View"
-Possibility to show more fields in MicroPlayer popup
--Possibility to remove the tree lines, including everywhere where they appear (device config, add/rescan, etc.)

Most new features are defined in the wiki.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Nice but so many much needed features asked in this thread seems to have been ignored!

(And reading this old thread again. I strongly agree with all the wishes expressed in this thread.)

This is a bit disappointing.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

maybe they are too hard to figure out how to do them on the first version of the new mm? could be easier to just get mm 4 out then add them in as updates.

as for the skinning i'll just wait to see screenshots i'm not too good with words. i know i know me that types long tons of word messages. but when learning something its easier for me to see images and read text to learn fairly fast, i can do
with out the images but it takes me longer. i'm a shape person more then a text person. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Dreadlau wrote:Nice but so many much needed features asked in this thread seems to have been ignored!

(And reading this old thread again. I strongly agree with all the wishes expressed in this thread.)

This is a bit disappointing.
This post was not to say that all skinning updates to this point are final, I'm sure more changes are to come. I just wanted to post the progress so far. Please remember that the alpha has not even been released yet!

Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Hello.
nohitter151 wrote:Updates in MM4:
A few more for your list:

-Single view button with drop-down menu (requested by dreadM)
-New "Art Browser" view
-Possibility to skin the background of the "Art Browser View"
-Possibility to show Artist in Microplayer Popup

nohitter151 wrote: This post was not to say that all skinning updates to this point are final, I'm sure more changes are to come.
This is true for the skinned version but is it true for the unskinned version as well? After reading this ticket in Mantis, I'm a bit confused.
from http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5978
Peke wrote:Can you tell me if 1317 look is final for now I'm not sure should I close it as change/improvement is obvious by verifying 1-5 or leave it Resolved due the possible changes within later beta testing period?
petr wrote:Current look is final.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I do not have input on the skinless look in MM, but I believe its development is finished. It's look hasn't changed much (from what I've seen) since MM3.

In any case, I don't see how that is relevant to this thread.

Peke

Post by Peke »

@Dreadlau
Just to clear things up. There we some changes in UI of non skinned and I wanted to ensure that no changed would be made before public Alpha. Certainly it is not Final for good I was verifying bug resolution.

Also nohitter is right this is for skinned version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Ah. Thanks for clarification peke. :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think it's premature to complain about MediaMonkey 4 when it isn't even out in alpha form. Especially as the alpha status is normally assigned to software that isn't feature complete. Beta would be reserved for software that is feature complete but probably still contains bugs and a release candidate is for software that is thought to be ready and might be released as is or might have an occasional bug that requires fixing before the final release.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Hello,

Some new updates in MM4:

-New rollup menu button in the main window frame ( Rollup.ico in skin package ).
-possibility to remove the lines connecting parent and child elements in all instances.
-new icon for the first navigation icon. ( menu092 )
-new icon for the album art browser. ( menu 088 )
-new video controls icons. ( menu089, menu090, menu091 )
-new art and details window tabs ( skinable )
-Main window tabs ( skinable)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Hello.

Is this thread still relevant for MM4?
I mean if me or anyone else have new wishes, can we post them here?

Thank you?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i don't see why not. they same the same skinning engine is used.

and the name of the thread makes no sign of a certain version number.

so long as you put the current mm version number in that is going to be or is, the stable version i would
suspect that it will be welcome here. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
steven300

Post by steven300 »

i like wish 2 but it need some more improvements.
jamburglar

Skinning Functionality Wishlist [MM4]

Post by jamburglar »

rovingcowboy wrote:i don't see why not. they same the same skinning engine is used.

and the name of the thread makes no sign of a certain version number.

so long as you put the current mm version number in that is going to be or is, the stable version i would
suspect that it will be welcome here. :)
I'll start, then. :)

[MM4]
It'd be great if we could change the functionality of single/double clicking on album art. Currently, single clicking with yield the Album Art view and double clicking will toggle play/pause. I've personally never had the urge to look at my album art in full view so it'd be great if I could change this functionality to something else. In winamp, double clicking on album art opens the containing folder in Windows Explorer. This would definitely be more useful to me.