Skinning functionality wishlist

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Skinning Functionality Wishlist [MM4]

Post by nohitter151 »

jamburglar wrote: It'd be great if we could change the functionality of single/double clicking on album art.
That's not really a skinning wish.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Re: Skinning functionality wishlist

Post by Lowlander »

nohitter151 wrote:That's not really a skinning wish.
And a double post as well: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58508
jamburglar

Re: Skinning Functionality Wishlist [MM4]

Post by jamburglar »

Lowlander wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:That's not really a skinning wish.
And a double post as well: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58508
Sorry, I wasn't sure whether it was a function of skins or of MediaMonkey itself.
Pman

Post by Pman »

Ah ha, this is the exact post i need to put my ideas out. I'll do them in list order as always:

1. AERO FLOATPLAYER: This is a real must, could we have the FloatPlayer embedded in an aero frame please. This would mean the minimise/maximise/close buttons are always defined and it would fit perfectly with the new MM4 Aero look. This option can also be disabled in the ini file as ForceDisableAero if you don't want it.

2. VOLUME TEXT MASK: We have text masks like %I %J %PC etc etc. Please could I request for a seperate Volume field, e.g. %Vl (i've requested this quite a few times before). The volume usually only shows on <Summary> [Summary] but it would be very helpful to have it as a seperate text mask showing on a normal player as "Volume = 000%"

3. TEXT MASK BUG: Not a wishlist as such but more a request, please could you fix the bug where certain text mask fields are hidden when embedded in the seekbar, e.g. [Seekbar] with TextMask=%I does not show up. The default skin has this exact setting but the bug is not allowing it to be shown.

4. AERO MINIPLAYER: Im experimenting on this atm, but if im not successful, can we have an Aero MiniPlayer too where the background and button edges are fully transparent.

I hope you could consider these requests and some support from other users/skinners would be most greatful!

Pman
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

1. I asked Petr about this when MM4 was in early development, unfortunately he told me it just isn't possible with MM at the moment. Theme editor was really designed for windows XP it seems (it's really old).

2. I did put in a request so that the Summary would show the volume % when toggling volume (right now it only shows for a [Title] section). But looks like you're request is a little different from that.

3. Yeah, that's more a bug

4. I never tried this, but it might be possible

Pman

Post by Pman »

nohitter151 wrote:1. I asked Petr about this when MM4 was in early development, unfortunately he told me it just isn't possible with MM at the moment. Theme editor was really designed for windows XP it seems (it's really old).

2. I did put in a request so that the Summary would show the volume % when toggling volume (right now it only shows for a [Title] section). But looks like you're request is a little different from that.

3. Yeah, that's more a bug

4. I never tried this, but it might be possible
1. That's a shame. As another option but not tried yet, do you think having a player background with a custom made border that matches the Aero frame, which is also transparent, would work? I think some time ago DreadM did an Ion skin (for MM3) with a custom made Vista/Aero style border. This looked great but only thing was it wasn't transparent.

2. My request is for having literally just "Volume = 000%" by itself. As an example, have [Custom1] with TextMask=%Vl which shows solely the volume percentage and nothing else or something i really want is [VolumeBar] with %Vl embedded inside in the volume seek bar.

3. Thought so! Your Vitreous skin I noticed is also affected by this.

4. Im hoping it works! :D
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

1. No, I've tried it but the buttons on top of a transparent background will not look right. It always shows them with that pink background color. For any parts of the background without text or buttons, it looks okay though.

However, remember you can enable transparency in MM itself for the float player. So you can make it 100% opaque, then the user changes the transparency of the whole float player via MM itself. That works.

3. I forgot I even tried to put the timer in the seekbar of the Float player :oops:

Pman

Post by Pman »

nohitter151 wrote:1. No, I've tried it but the buttons on top of a transparent background will not look right. It always shows them with that pink background color. For any parts of the background without text or buttons, it looks okay though.

However, remember you can enable transparency in MM itself for the float player. So you can make it 100% opaque, then the user changes the transparency of the whole float player via MM itself. That works.

3. I forgot I even tried to put the timer in the seekbar of the Float player :oops:
1. Bummer. Yeh i'll try the second option once i get on to it.

3. :lol:
Paco77

Post by Paco77 »

http://i50.tinypic.com/2yx261z.png

MediaMonkey with Frequency Spectrum
Please replace the classic line of advance for the very useful frequency spectrum (such as zippyshare). So far no media player has it and I find it a good innovation for MediaMonkey and useful tool for many DJs like me. Greetings from Mexico.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

I completely agree with Paco77. The frequency spectrum could be a great innovation for MM. Can it be done?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

No i dont think replacing the seek bar with spectrum av effect is good idea, its too hard to have that coded in with other effects used for seekbar apperance's. But maybe another section above or below the seekbar with the spectrum in it going along with the seek would be easier to do.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
superluig164

Post by superluig164 »

IDK if this should be in the main MM wishes thread or here, but I think it applies to both:
MediaMonkey needs an overhaul. The skinning engine, the intuitivity, simply the code is clunky and strangely coded compared to every other decent program out there. Things that are possible in skinning engines in other programs are absent here, such as animations and buttons that execute menu options. Some interfaces in MM are slow to load and extremely clunky, and need to be redone. One of you can move this if need be, but I'm just saying.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Plenty of discussion already from the developers that this is the case for MM5.