Skin NOIR v 1.4

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

tinny

Re: Skin NOIR v 1.2

Post by tinny »

except for the font used on title, I really love this skin. I'm using it on version 3.1 and it's perfect. Event the random, repeat buttons on top right are very clear despite the default 3.1 skin
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

:D Wow! I just discovered this skin and I LOVE it. It is by far my favorite. Thank you!

The only thing I miss with it is the album art in the mini player. But I realize that you are obviously trying to get away from it with the slim mini player.

And I have one small bug. The little audio graphics display that looks like an equalizer in the lower right hand corner has the option to click on it and show 3 different animations. No matter what I do, it won't remember what I select. It resets when I switch to min player and then restore to normal size. And it also resets when I close and re-open MM.
It always reverts to the first one, the equalizer style. I prefer the horizontal bars.

Thanks for my favorite skin!
:D
--
The gpzbc
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

gpzbc wrote::D Wow! I just discovered this skin and I LOVE it. It is by far my favorite. Thank you!

The only thing I miss with it is the album art in the mini player. But I realize that you are obviously trying to get away from it with the slim mini player.

And I have one small bug. The little audio graphics display that looks like an equalizer in the lower right hand corner has the option to click on it and show 3 different animations. No matter what I do, it won't remember what I select. It resets when I switch to min player and then restore to normal size. And it also resets when I close and re-open MM.
It always reverts to the first one, the equalizer style. I prefer the horizontal bars.

Thanks for my favorite skin!
:D
your talking about the old winamp style default equalizer visuals. those are not used in the skin when there is a skin authors created visual file that is what the skin keeps going back for your using or trying to use something that is not made to work in the skin. how you got it i don't know? but the skin has a code to over ride that old winamp classic style of eq visual.
that use to be the one used in mediamonkey version 2. but now we use our own in the skins we make. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks

@gpzbc :
Small AArt makes no sense in mini player (20x20)

actuell we can chose between 3 diverent visualization styles,
1:VUMeter ,2: Spectrum, 3:Osciloscope
Spectrum is set to Initial type of visualization ,thats way it change everytime you change player.
This you can change in the player .ini file.
open Noir.msz with a zip prog . (7zip) and than open player.ini,
look for
[Visualization]

Switchable=1
InitialType=Spectrum

set initialType to =VUMeter or =Osciloscope

also you can disable that it switch between this 3 styles

set Switchable to=0
than you see just the initialType from Visualization

save the file zip again and rename to Noir .msz

if you like you can do this also in Float and MicroPlayer.ini
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thank you! I will give this a try tonight.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

The fix worked perfectly. Thanks!

I love Noir but if I may, I'd like to put in a request. I would love it if the float player had the option for a vertical orientation (along the sides of my screen rather than the top or bottom).

But seriously, thanks again for a beautiful skin. :D
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I just uninstalled the NOIR icon pack. But it left one behind (Menu061.ico)

No problem. I just deleted it.

But I also found these. What are these related to? :-?

glass_numbers_0.ico
glass_numbers_1.ico
glass_numbers_2.ico
glass_numbers_3.ico
glass_numbers_4.ico
glass_numbers_5.ico
glass_numbers_6.ico
glass_numbers_7.ico
glass_numbers_8.ico
glass_numbers_9.ico
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

glass_numbers_x.ico came from Right Click for Scripts -with buttons
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks dypsis, i look for this when i finishd the ion skin ,
also for the colored versions.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks for the replies Eyal and DreadM.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I love this skin and have been trying to make/modify a Monkey Rok so it matches the Noir Red. I'm talking about the MR Noir skin with borders around the headers.

I've figured out how to change the color of all the text and the borders around the headers, but I can't figure out how to change the area in the top panel, to the right of the album art, that displays the play count.

Which section of the skin.css do I modify to change the text in that section? I've tried changing everything that looks like it could be it, but no luck. Some colors that I change don't seem to do anything.

Once I figure this out, I can have lots more fun. Thank you.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@rrfpacker:

Code: Select all

/* generic box */
.box {
    background-color:#000000;
	color:#950000;
	border: 1px solid black;
	margin-bottom: 10px;
}
have some fun :wink:
DreadM

Re: Skin NOIR v 1.3

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Noir news:
Update all versions to 1.3

and a new Noir eee theme for e books with small resolution 400x600 (optimized slim player with 600 pix length)

and a new version from LV Forum Noir :works withe gege's borderless Lyrics Viewer 2.1beta: Feb 22, 2009

i don't test it with LV 2.0 ,if sombody can test it with LV2.0 and can tell me if it's work ,i can delete LV Forum Noir 1.1.mmip.

for all changes / news / downloads see first post
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Edit: Remember, I am talking about the Noir MR skin with boxes around the headers, not the gradient style. I believe it was originally the "non-animated" style. I did change the section you mentioned in the "animated" skin and it did change the area at the top next to album art. So I think each of the skins works and reacts a little different.

Thank you so much for the help. However, changing the colors in this area, (I'm using notepad) does not seem to change anything. In order to change the color of the text by the album art in the top section, I change the color under body (see note below "right here").

body {
/*background-image:url("bg.png");
background-repeat:repeat;*/
background-color: #000000;
color:#555555; right here
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
font-family:Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:.7em;

I realized after I changed the color in this area why I didn't notice it before. This also changes the boxes around the headers and all I saw was RED. Too much red. So for now I will keep the borders and this area by the album art just as you created them. The place you showed doesn't seem to do anything. The .header and .box don't change anything I can see.

Another questions so I can learn.
1. What does the a { area control. I've changed the color #333333 to other colors and don't see any difference.

Thank you for a wonderful skin. I'll keep at it.
Last edited by rrfpacker on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gege

Post by gege »

rrfpacker wrote: 1. What does the a { area control. I've changed the color #333333 to other colors and don't see any difference.
In CSS files, a {} section controls formatting of links.