WINAMP 5.5 (Bento) Skin 1.5.1 Minor Fix Update March 2009

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

ermal

WINAMP 5.5 (Bento) Skin 1.5.1 Minor Fix Update March 2009

Post by ermal »

I started from songbird skin for mm3

Version 1.1 :
Only one version this time.horizontal volume bar and some small improvements added. I dont know how to fix problem with now playing node because it doesnt happen to me anymore (i dont know if I should be happy or not). if someone wants old versions just tell me in this thread.be free to report bugs

version1.2
added close min max buttons
skinned float player

Version 1.5
added mirror like effect in song time
added playlist and shuffle button
if you would like to download the background:
http://delta909.deviantart.com/art/Flora-Nine-90794895

Version 1.5.1 fixed "text in the player area not long enough" as suggested by Jome

screenshot
Version 1.5

NEW Updated 11/03/2009
download 1.5.1
http://www.freewebs.com/musicofspace/Bento%201.5.1.mmip
Last edited by ermal on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Screenshot?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

Post by Guest »

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Nicely done. I'm not a fan of a small player (in the main window) though. What does the float player look like?
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
ermal

Post by ermal »

I haven t done it yet but is a little bit difficult to do because bento doesn t have a float player. I think I will be working on this sunday but maybe someone else could help. This skin is just a starting point.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

It has a minimized window shade mode though. That's what I'm looking for. I switched from Winamp just after 5.x was released. Take a look at the skin link in my sig. The version of Eclipse I'm using has a slim float player (I'm a die-hard Winamp shade fan). Something like that would rock.
WebNodes
ermal

Post by ermal »

switching to mini player will give you a window shade mode, I havent skinned it yet so you will see a songbird skin. I will skin this later. Let me know if was this what you mean
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Yep, exactly what I mean! And the Songbird miniplayer is good enough for me. :)
WebNodes
Jome

Post by Jome »

Props on starting the skin, looks like a good start, but not finished for daily use..
ermal

Post by ermal »

i would appreciate if someone would help me to code a bigger player, and to add votes, titles, and other stuff to the existing player because i am not very good at coding. what i have done is only to change the bitmaps of the original songbird skin. as i said this is only a starting point.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ermal wrote:i would appreciate if someone would help me to code a bigger player, and to add votes, titles, and other stuff to the existing player because i am not very good at coding. what i have done is only to change the bitmaps of the original songbird skin. as i said this is only a starting point.
thats the best way to learn and it is not hard to added in stuff.

go to a skin you like something in. make a set of work folders for the skin. unzip it and open the proper mskn file that has the feature in you want for your skin.

either the theme or the player or the float player or the micro players mskn file which ever has it.

then go to the object tree in the skin engine. find the object that you want in your skin. example. : virtual tree.
select that object by left clicking it.

go to the copy button in the top center of the skinning engine and copy that object.
now with out closing the skinning engine, open the same mskn file in your skin then select the object node then go to the button for paste in the skin engine and click it. now you have that same object in your skin.

you have to pick the name in the code area on the right for that object and remove the
" copy of " from the name and you have to adjust all the items in it to fit your skin, but you have the object in your skin which makes it easy for you to rework it.

the positions of the buttons and images on the player background are all controlled by the ini file for that mskn file.

the theme positions are controlled by the program.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ermal

Post by ermal »

i didnt know i could copy objects i will try this today
thank you very useful
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your welcome most don't realize it but that is the copy and paste buttons that is how to use them.

hope it comes in handy for you.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ermal

Post by ermal »

See update in the the firs post and tell me what you think.
kvarve

Post by kvarve »

I really love this skin.
But I don't see any difference between the large and the normal skin?
And also, when I hit the now playing node, it shows me the list but with white background color and grey font color.
I would also like the shuffle button, repeat button and so on to be availeble.