Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Looks like it's gonna be a beauty. :D
Stop Button Freak
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

He, he. Silver, why not? Just a quick gradient change and it's done but maybe either a whole silver player or one with a black-ish background would blend better. Somehow the gold-ish seems more suited to wood.

About the visualization : it's not what I had in mind but I thought about it. My idea's rather something like this. Hmmmm, valves!!!! :lol: (I actually "borrowed" this idea from an audio plugin :oops: )

Victor.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I Agree on Gold for Wood and I strongly support Valves. I wonder if Transparent PNG with Alpha could do the job and make Background Static.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Maybe, IDK. Like I said, I need to experiment with it and see what I can do. I'm sure it's possible!!!

Depending on how well this one goes, I might try and do others like this. Ot maybe I'll be so fed up with it I'll go in a totally different direction :-?

Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Vyper wrote:Looks like it's gonna be a beauty. :D
Hmmm, maybe I'll never release it because I'll fail miserably :-?

Victor.
Full_Circle

Post by Full_Circle »

magicalpig wrote:
Vyper wrote:Looks like it's gonna be a beauty. :D
Hmmm, maybe I'll never release it because I'll fail miserably :-?

Victor.
Aw dont say that! The new theme looks very promising. The old timey feel reminds me of some of the more creative winamp 2 skins I've seen. Variety is the spice of life, so cant wait to see what you come up with.

By the way, the new small player version of this skin is gorgeous! :D
nomeansno

Post by nomeansno »

just a little annoying bug...... :D

When you do an auto-tag from the web.... it is not possible to read the gray-white letters over the grey and yellow background..... very annoying as I have to change the skin before doing any tagging....

beside this your skin is amazing ! Thanks!
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

He knows and there's no easy work around. He's trying to work out a solution with MM developers. May take awhile. :)
Stop Button Freak
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Exactly :)

Some of the things that are annoying for good readability such as in the search box and the tag fom and auto-tag are not controlled by the skin so I'd have to change the look of the whole skin to make it work. For example, like I said earlier, if I change the background for the search box, it'll also change all the other boxes backgrounds...

Victor.
CParker

Post by CParker »

Songbird is a great skin. Only has an error, when you see the files in album art modes you can't see the letters (A, B, C...) cos they have black font. Don't know what file have to edit for fix it.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I think the problem with the fonts in Album Art view is the same than in the search box and it's not skinnable yet. I checked other skins and skinners don't seem to have changed it. I'd really like to be able to change them though...

Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Full_Circle wrote:Aw dont say that! The new theme looks very promising. The old timey feel reminds me of some of the more creative winamp 2 skins I've seen. Variety is the spice of life, so cant wait to see what you come up with.
Yeah, my intention was to try and bring a small change to the general consensus on skins. I'm learning to really use a photo editor program while making it, that's why I can't be sure how it's gonna turn up. :-?

Victor.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

magicalpig wrote:I think the problem with the fonts in Album Art view is the same than in the search box and it's not skinnable yet. I checked other skins and skinners don't seem to have changed it. I'd really like to be able to change them though...

Victor.
Fonts in album art view are configurable. See the wiki for details.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Oh, ok... my bad. :oops: I'm gonna check it out, thanks nohitter!! :D

Victor
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Hmm, are you sure this particular font can be changed????

Victor.