Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Well, I've been busy!!! Here is version 1.6 of the skin with the main feature being a SMALL PLAYER VERSION! 8) Let me know if you find any problem with it or have any suggestion to make it better which is highly possible considering how fast I made this one.

DOWNLOAD ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD

Other changes on all versions include : fixed close button not showing on tool windows (EQ for eg), fixed position of MM system icon on tool windows, cleaned images in theme.mskn resulting in smaller sized file, modified text area in main player for better compression performance.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

wow you are getting faster. see its simple isn't it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

:lol: yeah, cowboy you were right, it gets faster as you keep doing it. I start to know what goes where and how one thing I change will affect the rest etc.
That's cool, I can concentrate more on the creative process now.

I guess also it's just a small player version of a bigger one. So everything was already there somewhere. If I've had to create it from scratch it would have taken more time.

Victor.
Jome

Post by Jome »

Mad props on the skin and all the frequent updates, if all skins was updated as fast as this one....
My fav. skin at the moment, and it keeps getting better.

You don't accidentally have plans for a Winamp 5 skin do ya.. ??

:D
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

He, he thanks for the kind words.

What do you mean exactly by Winamp 5 skin?? A look-alike of the default Winamp 5 skin?? It can be done I guess.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

magicalpig wrote::lol: yeah, cowboy you were right, it gets faster as you keep doing it. I start to know what goes where and how one thing I change will affect the rest etc.
That's cool, I can concentrate more on the creative process now.

I guess also it's just a small player version of a bigger one. So everything was already there somewhere. If I've had to create it from scratch it would have taken more time.

Victor.
yep thats the way with me i have lots of creative ideas i could do about another 5 or six more skins in as many days but i don't want to be a hog about making skins. i'll let some others enjoy it.

the hardest part is finding all the images to use or making them.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

rovingcowboy wrote:yep thats the way with me i have lots of creative ideas i could do about another 5 or six more skins in as many days but i don't want to be a hog about making skins. i'll let some others enjoy it.

the hardest part is finding all the images to use or making them.
Yeah you're right, especially if you want to create your own skin. Making all the images would be a long process. I have this idea of making a woody skin and I guess this is gonna take a while to create the images for.

But, hey, I don't see the problem in releasing a lot of skins except the user might become spoiled and would never be satisfied as a consequence.

As for the winamp skin, it should be easy for any skinner to do as all the image files are within winamp directory in a "skin" folder. You just have to code it. But I'm not sure we need more look-alikes. See the Eclipse skin : that's a great idea because it is a change from the usual stuff.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

AGREEDED ONE HUNDRED PERCENT NO MORE LOOK A LIKES. :P

I'VE been jumping up and down on the forum for a long time yelling no more copy cats no more remakes of mm 2 make all new monkey 3 skins so theres a choice he should have his own look. :)

but theres always some one out there that says i want the old player i use to use. i can't hardly ignor that type of post, i want to howle and toss stuff at that type of poster, but i bide my tounge cause i know some just don't like change. :(

but it drives me nuts i can't stand to have monkey look like another program. i guess thats why i made all them skins. :roll:

thanks for the remark of no more look a likes. i'll get back down the tree now and stop filling your post with this message. :o
sufibravo

search field font color?

Post by sufibravo »

btw before i nag...id like to say that this is by far the best theme for mm3 ...well at least for me it is... kudos to rovingcowboy...

i know that this has been addressed already but i still seem to have the font color the same as the background color in the search field...just wondering ......
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Thanks for the nice words though I'm the author of the skin, lol.

About the font in the search box : this thing really irritates me. You can't change it within the skin as those fonts seem to be controlled by Windows. So either I leave it as it is or I change the background color of the search box which will also affect ALL THE OTHER BOXES which I don't want.

Cowboy suggested this font problem could be handled with an ini file and suggested I send a few PMs but no one replied to them which I guess means the people I asked don't know about this possibility.

Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

rovingcowboy wrote:thanks for the remark of no more look a likes. i'll get back down the tree now and stop filling your post with this message. :o
:lol: no problem cowboy. I can understand people who want look alikes and a few of them are okay but we have a lot already (including this one). My next skin will be an "original" design. I started making the images for it. It's gonna be called "vintage audio" 8)

Victor.
sufibravo

Post by sufibravo »

oh man haha....im sorry about that...well magicalpig...you made an awesome skin....and about the font color....its cool...ill deal with it...i mean the pros outweigh the cons fo sho
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

magicalpig wrote:I started making the images for it. It's gonna be called "vintage audio" 8)

Victor.
Is it done yet? :P :D
Stop Button Freak
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Tsss, don't get too eager Vyper. ;)

It's gonna take some time as I'd like to replicate some "real life" devices such as knobs and stuff as opposed to the more techie or abstract skins we already have.

But, hey I can give a little preview just for you to have an idea how it could look like. I'm just starting the player. I still need to finish it, make a slim, a mini and the whole theme so don't count on it before at least a few weeks or so. I also have an idea for a special kind of visualization on the player but I need to experiment with it to see if it's actually possible.

Victor.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Don't steal my ideas :cry:
Just kidding, I like it very much (But would more like that in Silver metallic color of 80's HiFi) if you need some help on Vis tell me I think It should be possible to make something like this.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts