Windows Media Player 11-skin [MM3] v1.3 released

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

Windows Media Player 11-skin [MM3] v1.3 released

Post by Morten »

3Windows Media Player 11 (Skin)

Screenshot #1; MainBody

Screenshot #2; MiniPlayer

Screenshot #3; TrayPlayer

Download page http://www.mediamonkeyskins.com/2008/06 ... -skin.html
Last edited by Morten on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 47 times in total.
gege

Post by gege »

I'm just waiting!!
Last edited by gege on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Sorry to tell you that I've been working on this skin for half-a-day and there are quite a few disapointments. Some bugs, some restrictions which does my job a bit worthless to an extent. I will however release this player-skin to show what I've got and show what problems the skinning module has.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

whats the trouble with just making a new image for the speaker only
and using that for the display of the muted sound? its just like as simple
to make a new image and load that in to the mskn file and pick it to use
for the item you want.? so there should not be any trouble changing the muted image?

i see some place you wanted a button that was bigger then the area it
was used for clicking on? just make the button a the same size and change the size of the clicking area in the code of the ini file. i moved
the fonts around and found that the area they are shown in can be changed in its size so just change the slection area for the button make it
smaller i think the ini uses [Size]=150,12 the first is the length and the last is the height. those numbers are just picked out of thin are i don't know if any ini has them in or not but that is how it is set up for the fonts?
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Sorry. Have been busy. Will release something shortly. Maybe today. Thank you for your patience.
Morten

Post by Morten »

And here it is!

This have been hard work. Lots of hours just for the miniplayer. This zip-file contains only the MiniPlayer (FloatPlayer.mskn and -ini) so you have to copy another skin folder/replace FloatPlayer in one of your skin. Please post questions if you have any! (Look at first post for issues with this skin).

Screenshot;

Download;
http://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?act=A ... &id=136931

Have fun with it! 8)
Morten

Post by Morten »

Well, have anyone tried it?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

not me not yet sorry just got here too tired after an all nighter again will get it and check it. 8)

okay not long to test it.

but it looks good, only there is no way to resize it side to side or up and down.

there is no button to close the now playing playlist or to turn on or off the continiues feater or the shuffle feature one of them should be there
along with the on off button for the now playing.

this are needed in media monkey not so in wmp the skin looks like wmp but you should make it work with the features of media monkey even though the excat look of wmp wont be there, there are buttons you can
re use in wmp's skin that looks the same and can do different functions that the mm3 requires.

this would make the skin on a better player not just making the better player look like wmp? and the resizing is needed to help stop the scrolling of the song titles and if they were a little larger on the fonts they would be more easlie read on larger screens

that is what i find with it but maybe someone else will find different things?
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

You can resize it horisontally, but as said in the first post; there isn't possible at this stage to center the play-button. Help me out developers!

The now playing list is a closable window. I don't have a design button for that, although I could make it. However, there is to little place to make all buttons you want. There is something which should be in the right-click menu of the player.

Shuffle, continous buttons will (as in Windows Media Player) only be shown when your in windowed mode. Although Media Player shows it when you drag it pass a certain point (horisontally), there isn't any easy way of adding so much action when you drag it pass a certain point. Main issue I think is because of the background. It would need to change pass a certain point, and that isn't possible as of yet.

The font issues will be dealt with. Is there any easy way of changing fonts in text-areas defined in the player's ini-file?
Morten

Post by Morten »

I have made the .png source-file for the TrayPlayer now. However, I will not release it before I get some comments from the developers and the community.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Yeye. Finished coding it. Here's the release;

Screenshot #2; TrayPlayer

Download;
http://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?act=A ... &id=137135
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh okay i see you have the horz.. resize on the left instead of the right.

when i drag it to make it longer the album art does not move with the player.

yes in answer to your question the now playing window has a button to close on the floating player. and it has a continuies button also.
those are the only two it has on the far right. on the part that does not move get to some ones screen shot for their mm3 skin and look at the right hand side of the player you will see four buttons the two i said and one for shuffle and one for the equlizer.

don't you have the main skin of the royla blue to work with?

or are you working from the default mskn player? that is like the old
winamp 2 classic skin only it is clear across the screen.
unzip the royal blue msz and look at the stuff in it you can change.

yes the ini file can all you to adjust the size of the fonts and the area they
are to be seen and also allows you to move the buttons around if you want too. i thought you knew all that??

8)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Imo the monkey head doesn't really fit on the taskbar player. But in overall it (and the larger player too of course) looks very cool.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thank you Steegy. I think also it looks cool, and it will look and feel even cooler when the developers have fixed problems I've experienced making this skin.

@rovingcowboy; All my skins this year has been made using the new skinning module. And no, the album art pane is not supposed to move with the play-buttons.

As of yet, I will not make the skin finished. I will wait for a fix for the two higlighted requests in this thread. In addition I want the possibility to place the player furthest down in the MainWindow.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well maybe that is cause it is being resized by the left and not the right?
but the album art image stays in the one place and the buttons for play that you want in the center move behind the album art.

that is what i meant when i said it is not moving with the player.

i had thought you were doing the new skinning 8)

i did not see the media monkey logo where did you put it that steegy saw it?

8)

thats strange i just checked it out again and it now resizes with the right side too?
in the ini file for the album art, the resize code, if 0.0.0.1 that will allow the album art to stay in the same relitive area when the player is resized,
it moves the same amount as the next and previous buttons do away from the center play pause button.