Windows Media Player 11-skin [MM3] v1.3 released

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Blake

Post by Blake »

Hey Morten
Good work, it really beats up mine lol. Cant wait to use it. I can really see how much work you have been putting into these things.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thanks. But remember this is a-look-a-like. Nothing more, trying to make it nothing less.
WMP

Post by WMP »

I can't wait to get my hands on the alpha 3 release :D
jcferpa

Post by jcferpa »

that´s perfect!!!!
Morten

Post by Morten »

I could as well have released the skin now, but it won't work right before Alpha 3 is out so...

Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening?

I want white fonts, but only in the main menu-items (File, Edit, View etc.) not (Scripts, Options, Extensions etc.)
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

I don't have an answer for your question, Morten, but I just had to say...AMAZING! The skin looks just incredible; I had to check it actually was the Monkey, and not a WMP11 screenshot. (Don't forget about your original design skin though, that is the one that excites me the most :D ). MM3 is going to be fantastic, I wonder how long it will be before a fairly stable beta comes out... Keep up the good work.

BTW - When is alpha 3 coming out? You seem to know.
Morten

Post by Morten »

They got a problem to solve before they can release it. It may be postponed to tomorrow+, but it's not long before they'll release it. I can't wait to release this skin so that you can try what I've been working extensively on the last week. :)

And yeah, I haven't forgot Glided. The MainPlayer and the FloatPlayer is finished designed/coded. The tray-player and the rest of the skin is what I have left now, but I will not finish it now, because the skinning possibilities is easier to get covered by the developers with coding an already released program, like iTunes and WMP. I promise you it will be nice though. My iTunes and WMP skins are just practice for me at this point. I will use all my knowledge and put it into Glided. The best of three world. MM3. :P
WMP

Post by WMP »

Glided, the miniplayer? In my personal opinion I think it's too overdone. It's not an efficient design as it comes to size. It uses more space than necessary due to the layout and seeking towards a certain point is difficult with such a small slider. The WMP player way on the other side is more efficient, a long slider, text not above the slider, but it can be better :D
About your issue with spacing (previous page), if the photoshop-version will be the eventual player, thumbs up!
Morten

Post by Morten »

The photoshop-version is only a removal of the spacing (white line on both sides) and a move of the "5 files (1 selected)"-bar. The status-bar I mean. It will look like that when the developers have done these two things. from my side of view, the coding is finished (with exception of some viewing modes buttons).

About Glided, you're talking about this right?

If you are, then I'll have to disagree with you completely.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I am loving all of these new MM3 skins. You're really doing some fantastic work, Morten. I don't know whether I'm more excited for improved MM functionality with MM3 or the appeal of all these beautiful skins being made, especially yours Morten.

For me, your 'Glided' skin looks like a must-have when a stable MM3 is released.
WMP

Post by WMP »

Morten9300 wrote:About Glided, you're talking about this right?

If you are, then I'll have to disagree with you completely.
Yes, I was referring to that player. And well, first of all you're developing it and therefore I'm not surprised you wouldn't agree about the player being inefficient.
Perhaps I still love the player if I use it, but at first glance the layout of the player doesn't look very space-efficient and because not everybody owns a 22" widescreen..the efficiency is in my opinion an important requirement, I'm sorry :D
Morten

Post by Morten »

What are you missing? And do you really think 372*100 is big resolution?
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

considerting i just made my new trucking one with 256 by 500 fixed player size my answer would be NO.

just hope you make the fonts lighter then what are in this screen shot.
8)

and do you think the background can be tansparent like that in the upcoming alpha versions?

:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

The support for a player which is alpha-transoerent is not completely supported yet.
Best regards,
Morten
gege

Post by gege »

Man, this is getting really, really great! Keep up this excellent work!

I'm counting the days to see this skin completed as well as the iTunes one.

Cheers.