Not yet, but soon ...

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Is it okay that the play-button is so "big"?

You may select 1 option

View results

Morten

Post by Morten »

I got your point. I know that not all people are going to like my skin, but I think it's pretty mainstream. Maybe that's why you don't like it?

Just kidding btw.
Best regards,
Morten
Morten

Post by Morten »

I promised I wouldn't give out so many teasers, but I lied. Here's the last changes

- Changed border for the 4 buttons
- Bigger Speaker-icon, moved to the left of the volumebar.
- Moved L/R indicator INSIDE the Volume-slider. It will not pass the button of the slider though.
- L/R will be replaced by a nice spectrum analyzer. NOT designed yet, but will be when I have a good idea. Edit: Proposition in new screen.
- Moved the glass effect a bit down, so that the "glass" is below the song-title.

Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

It will be easy for you to change the colors because grey is only a shade so that wont change. Then you only have to change the hue of them to get the different color.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

What you might not know is that the theme engine can change colors (hue, brightness, ...) itself. So when this would be implemented, there would be no real need to recolor skins.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Blake

Post by Blake »

Ah, righty then, that is extremely helpful if only I had known about that before.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I seriously doubt it will be better than modifying the files itself.
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

I suppose so. I might give it a chance though.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I seriously doubt it will be better than modifying the files itself.
Yes, sure. Manual changes are always better. And I said "can change colors", just so you'd know what might come in the future. It might never be actually implemented in MM, e.g. because of performance issues or so. However when it'd be implemented, it would let us easily tweak skins (e.g. make a SoftRed out of a SoftBlue skin).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

I'd done something wrong with the coloring on the last shots. Here's the newest version;

Any suggestions on features/design?
Best regards,
Morten
Morten

Post by Morten »

Still no suggestions? Too bad.

Anyway, is the play-button better now? I think I've optimized it to match the skin better now.

Best regards,
Morten
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Looks really nice!

The only thing which could look better IMHO are the four icons (eq, random...) and maybe also the speaker-icon. I don't know but for me they are a little bit to big and bulky... But maybe in reality it looks better because in your screen the windows is very small which makes the skin look very full.

But as I said, already a really nice skin! :)

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

I've liked it for pretty much every teaser so far. I want to see MORE though, not just the player anymore. To be honest, I've been fine with the player for quite a few versions, I just have a feeling you are putting the rest of the skin on the back burner if you are putting so much time into the player, so i want to see the rest before I give any real feedback. Great work though on the player.
Morten

Post by Morten »

There are much work behind the "curtain" also, but I won't show it before it's got the standard I want.

The problem with MediaMonkey is that it isn't possible to modify album art views, search panes, library explorer. So it will look exactly like the other skins, but with different coloring. I am with skin requesting a lot of new features both to the main theme and to the player. I hope that this skin can be released as I want it.

About the four buttons; they are to be changed a little. Maybe they will be a tad smaller, but some of the icons wont change much.
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

I like the new play button :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

umm? i don't know Morten i rather like the skinning the way it is now. what your requesting is that peter reconfigure the windows explorer shell if you are asking for different list view items like different shaped windows.

sure a triangle window would be only for monkey but it would also be a bear to code for the shell to handle.

in your other message replies to my other message you said you are just learning the theme part more.

sure change the colors on the frame. but if you want a different image in the backgrounds. you can make them the way mm 3 needs them or your a coder so find the code in the program exe that allows you to check or un check the skins background images and override them with your image.

then code them to be checked then you have the use of any image you want to be seen in the backgrounds for the lists views and trees.

only the images will not be stretched to fit they need to be made to fit the area of where they are going to be used.

example the background area for the list view takes up
450 pixels wide and 500 pixels high. when you have your screen set to 1024 x 768. (the first set of numbers are examples) so you would need a image the size of the list view
to make sure it is seen.

you could make an image that had no natural features in so then you could just make a huge 3200 x 4500 image and it would be used as much as it needed. but since it has no natural horizon lines like a photo then the size would not matter.

you then would need to make sure your skin would turn off the option to use the skins images and make it use your image.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.