UPnP / DLNA bug, tracks skipping, not playing

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

z3huti

UPnP / DLNA bug, tracks skipping, not playing

Post by z3huti »

MM4 version - MediaMonkey_4.1.31.1919_Debug (clean portable intall, nothing changed in options)
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64

DLNA player - DENON AVR-X1400H

Sometimes track does not start to play over DLNA.

To reproduse this bug

1. open MM4 and go to My Computer in Media Tree to map where music files are
2. start to play some track from some map over DLNA (even here its not always start to play, but skips to the next track in line)
3. track is playing now, wait ~30 sec
4. go to some other map with music files and klick on some track to play (here comes this bug)

Sometimes it wont play track you want to, but skips to the next, and if it cant play this next track, then it goes to the next and so on, untill it starts to pay

Sometimes when you klick on new track to play, it wants to start, but instead it starts to play track, from the begining, that already is playing.

This happens only when playing to DLNA player. File format does not matter, FLAC, mp3, m4a, all skips.

log files on google drive - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mn0mzW ... sp=sharing
Ludek

Re: UPnP / DLNA bug, tracks skipping, not playing

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I am analyzing your log "skiped 3 or 4 tracks before start to play.LOG" and see that you:
1) initiated playback of
D:\12345\Music\Susana - Press Play Vol. 3\01 - An Autumn Tale (Radio Edit).flac
2) after 30 seconds of playback of this file you added another 20 tracks to the Now Playing list and played
D:\12345\Music\Susana - Vocal Trance Rewind 2014-2020\10 - Because of You.flac
for another 17 seconds and then you added another 15 files to the Now Playing list and played:
D:\12345\Music\Susana - Press Play Vol. 3\08 - Find A Way (Radio Edit).flac

So it looks that you manually interrupted the playback by adding another subset of tracks to Now Playing list.
This can happen e.g. when you double-click a track in the tracklist and by default it plays the tracks from the tracklist and starts with the double-clicked track.
Can you confirm?

And can you confirm that if you don't interact with MediaMonkey then the tracks plays OK ?
z3huti

Post by z3huti »

No, I did not add any tracks to playlist. Just went to other map with tracks and klicked on one track, so it would start to play.

I quess MM programed so when I klick on one track in map, it would add all tracks in that map to playlist. Yes?

If I dont interact with MM, then tracks will play fine, track after track.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Playback Rules has the 'Play Now' Action which controls what is added. If you have the + subsequent option enabled it adds the clicked file and the next files too.
z3huti

Post by z3huti »

in Tools > Options > Playback Rules its Clear list & Play selected subsequent.

Just tryed again playing to DLNA player and same thing happends. Track that I klicked on did not start to play, but track that was already playing, started to play from the start. But it does not happen every time. :roll:
z3huti

Post by z3huti »

Doing some tests. Could it be that MM cant play/send to DLNA files that are not in library ?

I made new test map and added some maps with song in that map. Did not restart MM, just refreshed folders in tree, to see new map. And MM could now play anything from that map to DLNA player. But plays ok to internal player.

log - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MTBz4L ... sp=sharing

video - https://youtu.be/-WU69UbkyJ8
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Is the last log corrsponding to the video?

In the log I see that you played track D:\12345\Music\Playlist\ABBA LOVE\ABBA - I Am Just A Girl.flac
for 16 seconds and then you double-clicked track
D:\12345\Music\test_map\New folder\Dire Straits - Calling Elvis.flac
in the list of 11 tracks in total that came into Now Playing list.

Nevertheless I can confirm that most of the tracks from the folder D:\12345\Music\test_map\New folder\ were skipped

And yes, you seem really true, checking MM4 code and MM4 cannot cast tracks that are not in library, but MM5 already has this feature ( was added 5 years ago as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13665 )

So workarounds are:
1) update to MM5
2) adding the tracks to library

Thanks!
z3huti

Post by z3huti »

Ludek wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 am Is the last log corrsponding to the video?

In the log I see that you played track D:\12345\Music\Playlist\ABBA LOVE\ABBA - I Am Just A Girl.flac
for 16 seconds and then you double-clicked track
D:\12345\Music\test_map\New folder\Dire Straits - Calling Elvis.flac
in the list of 11 tracks in total that came into Now Playing list.

Nevertheless I can confirm that most of the tracks from the folder D:\12345\Music\test_map\New folder\ were skipped

And yes, you seem really true, checking MM4 code and MM4 cannot cast tracks that are not in library, but MM5 already has this feature ( was added 5 years ago as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13665 )

So workarounds are:
1) update to MM5
2) adding the tracks to library

Thanks!
No, log is not corresponding to the video. I first made video and then log.

That MM4 cannot cast tracks that are not in library I found when testing and making log for a bug that described in the first post. So its a different thing.

Here is new log. Files in library, selected from tree in Music -> Location.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iLsRlr ... sp=sharing

In MM5 also some bugs when playing to DLNA player. Wil make video and log later today.