[SOLVED] PC File Explorer option eliminated!

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

psidoc

[SOLVED] PC File Explorer option eliminated!

Post by psidoc »

I've been using MediaMonkey Gold for over 15 years. I've loved it this whole time, until today. I just installed the latest version 4.1.31. My previous version was: 4.1.30. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

On the left column, there has *always* been the option of exploring my music collection through "File Explorer" - in other words I could surf my hard drive and go to any directory I wanted to examine recently downloaded music, change tags, etc. Then move them into the main music directory, and then have them scanned in and added to the database. This function has proven to be absolutely essential to how I organize my music, and it has worked flawlessly this entire time. It's one of the *main reasons* I switched to MediaMonkey all those years ago was for this precise reason, and why I ditched the horrendous Ipod app back in 2004.

With this latest update, that's all gone. There is no place I can find to explore my computer directly in this way. I've attached a screenshot so you can see where I circled you used to be, but is there no longer. But when I attach my android device, I can see the folder structure. So where is the folder structure for my desktop (Drives C, D, and E)??

** When I tried to re-install an older version, it's the same result - as if the latest download changed something fundamental in my registry preventing me from returning to that old functionality.

Does anyway know how to fix this? Whether it's simply in a new place on the latest version, or how to restore this functionality on an older version?

It won't let me post screenshots here or the URL, even when I use Imgbb, so here is the "URL" to those two screenshots:

http://www.synergetics.io/images/
Lowlander

Re: PC File Explorer option eliminated!

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you have My Computer enabled under File > Manage Collections.
psidoc

Re: PC File Explorer option eliminated!

Post by psidoc »

That did it thank you. This is the first time I've done an update in 15 years where that got "unchecked", so I had no idea how to do it.