Manual Tagging Broken in 4.1.31.1919

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

David Hillman

Manual Tagging Broken in 4.1.31.1919

Post by David Hillman »

I just upgraded to 4.1.31.1919 a couple days ago, and noticed that about a dozen recently-added albums are untaggable.

I can right-click on the album and bring up the properties window, and from there I can specify the artist, album title, song titles, and whatnot. All fields appear to be saved, however, they are not. Closing MM and restarting it causes all that data to be lost, and all the edited fields are again blank ( or whatever they previously contained, if not blank ).

There is nothing seemingly unusual about the albums which cannot be tagged. Other albums do retain their edited properties following an application restart. I have attempted to tag several of the problematic albums three or four times now, so the bug is reproducible.

I'm adding this report here in the hope that other people can provide additional data, sufficient to identify why these albums' properties are immutable in MM and/or how that situation can be resolved.

MM version: 4.1.31.1919 Pro
Peke

Re: Manual Tagging Broken in 4.1.31.1919

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If this happens on specific albums can you please Open support ticket and supply us with Download link to one of the albums observing problem?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
David Hillman

Post by David Hillman »

I have proceeded with an alternate tagging solution, using different software that works, but if I have a chance later, I will file a bug.

In the meantime, I noticed another bug. MM 4.1.31.1919 ignores valid "Album Artist" tags on FLAC files roughly one-third of the time. Again, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which are ignored, and which are read correctly. The tags in-question are being created programmatically, and are all identically-formatted, so one would expect either all or none of them to be read. That's not the case.

This bug does not seem to effect album title, song title, artist, or track number fields -- only "album artist", and even when the album artist is the same value as artist.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sharing a sample file would be helpful. Sometimes a problem like this is caused by multiple tags in a file for the same tag in MediaMonkey. You can share the file with Support if by uploading it to a file share and sharing the link in a Support Ticket (so it's private).