Freezing

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Santapants

Freezing

Post by Santapants »

I want to say that I'm not well versed in computers so if there are any suggestions please don't just say "do that" because odds are I won't know how to do that. The past few weeks my MediaMonkey has been very hit & miss. It freezes constantly (I've been trying to listen to music for 90 minutes and I've heard 2 songs that didn't freeze up). When it freezes it does eventually unfreeze on it's own but that can easily take 15 minutes. More often the first half of every song is sputtering, kind of like a needle skipping on a record. I do have a large library (250,000 songs) but the hard drive is only 50% full (2 out of 4 terabytes used). It's been a bit of an issue for a bit but it seems like it got really bad after the last update. Help.
Lowlander

Re: Freezing

Post by Lowlander »

Run File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked, it often improves the experience.
Santapants

Post by Santapants »

I've tried that repeatedly but as soon as I click OK the entire program freezes up and the only thing I can do is to manually shut down the computer. It doesn't seem to matter whether MediaMonkey is the only thing I have open or have multiple windows open. I'm about ready to pull my hair out. If I'm able to listen to one song per hour I consider myself lucky.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
Santapants

Post by Santapants »

It's

Standard Edition (Unregistered)

Thanks.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Is it that the whole UI freezes for you or just that playback slutters?

1) be sure that you have third party addons/scripts uninstalled

2) if it is UI then crash/freeze log should be generated to submit with the Debug build. You could install Debug build and submit the log referencing log id here?

3) if it is playback sluttering then go to Options > Output plug-ins and try to switch to another output plugin, does it help?