"Added" Tag Remains Empty When Ripping and Overwriting

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

"Added" Tag Remains Empty When Ripping and Overwriting

Post by Snofru »

I'm using MM4 4.1.30.1914.

I have ripped a CD, ripped it again, was asked if I want to overwrite - yes. The flac files I have received have an empty "Added" tag.

(Reasons for doing this: I inadvertently opened the CD tray while ripping. Ripping continued when I closed the tray again and seemed to be OK. Just to be sure I have ripped the CD again, was asked if I want to overwrite, confirmed and found the empty "Added" tag.)

Now I kind of have an idea why I have a few songs with nothing in "Added"...

I understand that there won't be a lot of work on MM4 now but this leads to a question:

How can I manually change the "Added" tag? I tried to copy the value from other songs with Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix but Added is only copied when it is newer and there probably isn't anything newer than, well, nothing (empty tag). I would appreciate any ideas to get rid of these empty tags...
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Peke

Re: "Added" Tag Remains Empty When Ripping and Overwriting

Post by Peke »

The best way would be to remove files from Library and re-scan folder, then added will be there for sure.

I can't replicate in MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Snofru

Re: "Added" Tag Remains Empty When Ripping and Overwriting

Post by Snofru »

Thank you, that did work! You only should take a note of the playlists these songs are in. And the Played# if that matters, as these informations are not remembered.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156