Import reads some mp3 files, but not others in same folder

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

bdill

Import reads some mp3 files, but not others in same folder

Post by bdill »

I have folders with entire audiobooks (multiple CDs ripped) in a single folder. They have a consistent naming convention. They were all ripped at the same session using the same settings. Media Monkey (4.1.30) imports SOME of the files, but not others. Ex I have a 6 CD rip of "Predictably Irrational" with the following naming convention in the same folder (52 mp3 files total)

D01 T01 Predictably Irrational.mp3
D01 T02 The nurses were.mp3
D06 T09 Cherry Jones.mp3
D06 T10 Credits and Ordering Info.mp3

Media Monkey imports all 9 files from disc 4, but NONE of the other files. And for another book (in its own folder) NOTHING imports. I've checked the file paths like 10 times. I've tried removing from library and rescanning. It imports the same files as before. It's the weirdest damn thing.
Lowlander

Re: Import reads some mp3 files, but not others in same folder

Post by Lowlander »

Check if you can see and play the missing files via the My Computer node in MediaMonkey.

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... y-library/
bdill

Post by bdill »

Yes. I see all the files there and I can play files that MM failed to import.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you check the link? Files like hidden files will not be added.

Also use the Entire Library > Location node to browse to the folder(s) missing and see if they really aren't in the Library.
bdill

Post by bdill »

I was using the Entire Library > Location node to begin with when I wrote my initial post. That's why it was such a head scratcher. Accessing the files from "My Computer" solved my immediate issue of being able to edit the metadata, but I am still at a loss as to why MM imports some of the files in the folder and not others.

The mp3 files aren't hidden or short in length or small in file size (all are several MB each). It was literally a 6 CD set that I ripped in one sitting using the same settings for all 6 CDs.