Weird bug with smart playlists and date ranges [#17172]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

frankenpod

Weird bug with smart playlists and date ranges [#17172]

Post by frankenpod »

This is a hard bug to describe.

I make smart playlists of podcasts based on their "Date" fields. One per month. So "November 2020 podcasts", for example. Uses the 'advanced' smart-playlist option, to set 'date between' 1/11/2020 and 1/12/2020, for example (with european date format).

Once a year I run into the exact same bug. If I make a playlist for October, and only for October (so, all podcasts dated between 1/10/YYYY and 1/11/YYYY), it doesn't find anything. October dated podcasts always get identified as being in Novermber's date range rather than October's. It includes all October dated podcasts in the range 1/11/YYYY to 1/12/YYYY. So I end up making an "October-November YYYY podcasts" playlist. Happens every year.

It's not a particularly important problem, but it's just really odd. Why does the smart-playlist logic go wrong only for October?
Lowlander

Re: Weird bug with smart playlists and date ranges

Post by Lowlander »

Between 10/01 and 10/31 does work, added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17172
Peke

Re: Weird bug with smart playlists and date ranges [#17172]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you add screenshots of auto playlists criteria, just to be sure on how to define the report?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
frankenpod

Post by frankenpod »

Well, I'm trying to follow the info on including screenshots, but it doesn't seem to be working right - image not appearing.

Trying a direct link to that image site instead:

https://ibb.co/bbFTZB3
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to use the specific BBCode option to have an image appear on the forum.

Anyway it has been reproduced on MediaMonkey 5, and will receive a fix there at some point. On MediaMonkey 4 use Date >- 2020/10/01 and Date <= 2020/10/31 instead of between.
frankenpod

Post by frankenpod »

As I say, it really isn't a big problem, but I'm puzzled what's so special about October - guessing it's something to do with being the first two-digit month?

It's two issues, really - doesn't show anything if I do one for October, and if I do one for November it then wrongly includes October as well.

i.e. if I do 1/11/2020 to 30/11/2020 it then includes all of October files in what's supposed to be November only.