mmw error "Control 'PnlMain' has no parent window"

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

mmw error "Control 'PnlMain' has no parent window"

Post by terryo »

My Samsung Tab S stopped wireless syncing a few weeks ago, so this morning I tried a USB sync. MMW returns the error repeatedly "Control 'PnlMain' has no parent window".

The weird thing is the error is indicated as being connected to a song that is not in MMW or MMA listed as:
"1. The Tomcats - Paint It Black - MediaMonkey"

All my music files use the same naming structure and this does not match it. All my music is on a separate 4 TB drive and a Windows search shows no files with either that song or band name.

What's going on?

MMW 4.1.29.1910 Win 10 on Gigabyte custom, all current
MMA 1.4.1.0937 Samsung Tab S, all current
terryo

Re: mmw error "Control 'PnlMain' has no parent window"

Post by terryo »

I did a full "Maintain Library" and now I get a new error for the same non-existent Tomcats song. Then tried to resync MMA on my Samsung Tab and got this:

"Access violation at address 0070D3A2 in module 'MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe'. Read of address 00000040.

Help!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Search your MediaMonkey Library for the file, it may have it hidden somewhere.

Also the current version is MediaMonkey 4.1.30: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=8811
terryo

Post by terryo »

The file does not exist.

My Samsung 9 syncs both wirelessly and USB without any problems.
terryo

Post by terryo »

This MMA USB sync problem just became moot because I figured out the WiFi sync problem. MMA on my tablet could not see the MMW server whereas MMA on my phone could. Turns out MMA on WiFi cannot find the MMW server (CAT-6) when the MMA device is connected through the 5G WiFi. MMA works fine on the lower speed WiFi. I don't understand this, but then there is nothing else on the 5G WiFi.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In your Router that provides the wifi make sure that clients are allowed to see each other and other devices on the local network. It may be configured as a guest network which often block devices from seeing each other.