light text on light background in auto tag and other windows

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Dr.Sol

light text on light background in auto tag and other windows

Post by Dr.Sol »

Some dialogues cant be read in MM4 when using dark skins. The combination of a fixed gray background color and a text color from the skin causes the problem.

In auto tag, tag from file name and other dialogues, the background color on some of the rows is fixed gray, and the font color comes from the skin. This causes problems reading the text when using skins with light colors on the fonts (i.e. skins with dark backgrounds).

The problem can be solved by either changing the font to also be fixed dark color (readable on the light gray background), or change the background to follow the skin color.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Lowlander

Re: light text on light background in auto tag and other windows

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying you set a custom background under Tools > Options > Skins? Otherwise it shouldn't be an issue.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

No, the background is set by some hardcoding in MM, but the font color is set by the skin
MM-Gold user since 2005
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you don't have a custom background enabled under Tools > Options > Skins and if that's not the case install MediaMonkey again and make sure you don't override the skin theme with the Windows theme in the installer settings. Does that resolve it?
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

No, the problem is not resolved. The custom backgrounds is not enabled under Tools > Options > Skins and I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled to the latest version (MediaMonkey_4.1.30.1914.exe), but the problem is still the same. You can install a dark skin, for exemple my dr Sol player special and see it yourself by press ctrl-r(auto tag from windows) or ctrl-l (auto organise files).
MM-Gold user since 2005
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No I can't, I use Metro-M and have no issues.

Try installing a Portable Install in a new location and see if that works. Also make sure that the MediaMonkey icon you use to launch MediaMonkey isn't pointing to the MediaMonkey (unskinned).exe.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Metro M have the same problem. I think I use the skinned version, otherwise the MM wouldn't be so skinny? but ok, I shall try installing MM as you suggest. I'll come back.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

No, it is the same problem in portable mode with Metro-M skin. When auto tagging, auto tag from filename or auto organise files, some fields are light gray and the text is written in white (when using Metro-M) and the readability is next to none. If I change to another dark skin, for example Dr sol player special, the color of the text turns gold, but the light gray background is the same and the problem with bad readability is the same.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you attach a screenshot (you can use imgbb.com).
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Yes, you can find a link to a screenshot in another tread https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =9&t=96537
MM-Gold user since 2005
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume this is a Skinners choice, if it isn't I doubt this will get addressed as MediaMonkey 4 is getting only critical updates.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

I think it is hard coded, since I have changed all possible background colors in the skin and don’t have light gray anywhere and the same problem occurs in all dark skins. I understand that MM5 is important, but it can’t be a very big bug to just change background, or text color on one place in the code.
MM-Gold user since 2005