Newest update

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Flanker37

Newest update

Post by Flanker37 »

your latest update (4.1.30.1914)
has gone and wiped my entire playlist after installing and restarting the program.
so i now have to re-scan over 150gb of music back into it, which takes a couple hours

so thanks for that :evil:
Lowlander

Re: Newest update

Post by Lowlander »

Your database (with Playlists) is likely still on the PC. Search for mm.db on your PC (include hidden files) to locate it and copy it to where you're currently have the new database file.

http://mediamonkey.com/support/index.ph ... e/View/123
Flanker37

Post by Flanker37 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:14 pm Your database (with Playlists) is likely still on the PC. Search for mm.db on your PC (include hidden files) to locate it and copy it to where you're currently have the new database file.

http://mediamonkey.com/support/index.ph ... e/View/123
thanks bud
Enshu Atsukau

Post by Enshu Atsukau »

Hello,

I got the same issue, except that I don't know if it is due to an update. I did do an update recently, but I haven't used a playlist for 1 or 2 weeks. Now that I want to, I find out that they are all still there, but empty. I have about 40 lists, some with more than 2000 tracks. Imagine the time it would need to rebuild them all ! Especially the one which is sorted on my own personal criteria ! It'll take weeks at best.

I tried the proposed solution, but the only file I found is dated from yesterday, so it can't be the missing one.

I must say I have had several issues with the synchro with the Android version and recently, I changed my mobile, and when I opened MediaMonkey after having transferred my files, I discovered that my sorted list of 2000+ tracks was in a situation dated from some months ago, where the 200 tracks I added last were all at the end of the list instead of at their right place. Imagine the time it needs to move them all back ! I already spent 3 or 4 evenings and haven't done half of it. And now this..

If you can't find a solution to this situation, I'm gonna change MediaMonkey to some better software.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, are you syncing playlists back from MediaMonkey for Android to the PC?

Might it be that the playlists were wiped in MMA and synced back to MMW?

In MMA > Settings there is a choice
[X] Update playlists from other apps

Do you have this choice checked? If yes, uncheck it. This could cause that another app on Android could rewrite or wipe the playlist.