Help Content generates Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

riverboatsam

Help Content generates Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

Post by riverboatsam »

I was trying to access Help/Help Content to research what some of the terms mean in Playlist Syncing (to device). (I've not imported playlists to my Ipod yet, and want to learn how and what the options mean).
Anyway, clicking on Help/Help Content generated this error when launching Firefox:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/mm/public_html/webhelp/index.php:29 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/mm/public_html/webhelp/index.php on line 29

I cut & pasted the url, which is: https://www.mediamonkey.com/webhelp/?hp ... 29&lang=en
into Chrome, and it did the same thing. (Perhaps this is a webpage problem and not a Media Monkey problem?)

I just updated to the new version of Media Monkey yesterday (vers. 4.1.29.1910)
My config is Win 10/64 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 12 GB memory, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3068 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).

I didn't see this reported, but if so, I apologize.
I DID see something with a similar type "Fatal Error" msg dated in 2018/2019 under
"Re: Discogs Tagger 5.64 (Updated: 2018-11-01)" but cursory examination of that makes it seem unrelated.

Thank you!
Lowlander

Re: Help Content generates Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

Post by Lowlander »

There is a migration going on at the moment, this is likely not yet fully functional yet.

Direct access seems to work: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ontent/4.0
riverboatsam

Post by riverboatsam »

Ah, ok! I'll check back later or tomorrow then. Thanks!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I've been out of the loop for a while, but apparently this hasn't been solved yet. This is what I get when I try to access the wiki...

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ModernTemplate::cactions() in /home/mm/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/SkinModern.php:75 Stack trace: #0 /home/mm/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(217): ModernTemplate->execute() #1 /home/mm/public_html/wiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2574): SkinTemplate->outputPage() #2 /home/mm/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(134): OutputPage->output() #3 /home/mm/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(53): MWExceptionRenderer::reportHTML(Object(Error)) #4 /home/mm/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(121): MWExceptionRenderer::output(Object(Error), 2) #5 /home/mm/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(195): MWExceptionHandler::report(Object(Error)) #6 /home/mm/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(167): MWExceptionHandler::handleException(Object(Error)) #7 [internal function]: MWExceptionHandler::handleUncaughtException(Object(Error)) #8 {main} thrown in /home/mm/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/SkinModern.php on line 75
I couldn't find a more recent post about it. It works if you type in the address for a specific article, but not with the support page link.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

It appears to be working now. Thanks, little birdie or ghost or human or coincidence or whoever/whatever you are :wink:

EDIT: ...not working again. Must just be buggy or something. I guess I'll just try searching from web search engine.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜