MediaMonkey is crashing after checking podcasts

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

mtrhead

Re: MediaMonkey is crashing after checking podcasts

Post by mtrhead »

>Hi, in the debug log I don't see an exception, but after the podcast update has finished the log stops (without attempt to close MM in the log) -- so >you either saved the DbgView output without closing MM or MM has frozen?
Yes it froze with access violation at address 00000000 Write of address 00000000

>You indicated that you submitted a crash log, but the only crash logs from 1913 here is from user email starting with johnquintas, is this your email address ?
per my thread I was running 1910 and did the debug, though it failed through version 1914 when I upgraded.

>Try to install 1914 as portable version (and copy your MM.DB located in C:\Users\alanx\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\ to the Portable folder inside the MediaMonkey install folder) to see whether you can still replicate the issue?
Ok, this test worked fine, no crash at all

>If no then my suspection is that it could be rather related to UI state, so deleting MM interface in registry should this issue.
OK... I didn't want to poke around in the registry too much though I'm familiar with regedit, can you tell me how specifically to do this thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Delete Current User -> Softare -> MediaMonkey -> Interface
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

Thanks guys, that registry edit fixed the problem :D
rfe

Post by rfe »

I just installed MediaMonkey on a new Windows 10 machine. I'm running the most recent version. I've been only working on subscribing to podcasts today and I am getting frequent "access violation" errors. I added permission to MM in my firewall software. Seemed to do okay for a while but then it started again. Always happens when I'm doing one of two things - 1) deleting a podcast episode or 2) trying to put information in a classification - custom field. I installed the debug software and was able to send the error log as instructed by the software. Anything else I need to do to be sure support has what it needs to take a look?

Thanks in advance!