MMW 4.1.26.1896 interface changes for the worse

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

MMW 4.1.26.1896 interface changes for the worse

Post by terryo »

As per instructions from Peke, I backed up mm.db, deleted 1895 and did a fresh install of 1896 with skinning allowed (which I've never enabled before). The interface changed slightly in ways that make it harder to use:

1. All of the dropdown boxs/arrows on the right edges are now a tiny slices less than 1/16" wide. This makes it difficult to use.
2. The ratings stars are now less than 1/2 their previous size in both the column and in properties. It is hard to determine when a star is half or empty (or full in the column) and much harder to change between half and other ratings.

Held over from several versions before 1895, the minimize box in the upper right corner still only functions over the right 1/3 of its box. The other two boxes, for max/min and close, work normally.

How can these changes be reversed or corrected?

Lowlander

Re: MMW 4.1.26.1896 interface changes for the worse

Post by Lowlander »

Which skin are you using? Have you tried a different Skin?
terryo

Post by terryo »

I've never used skins. I've always run MMW with whatever is stock since way back in 3.x something or other. Functional software has always been my priority. I've never needed skins.

So I looked in options under skinning and in the stock MMW 1896, three are listed, Vitreous (the default installation), Metro M and Pulse. I tried the other two and both have the same tiny dropdown arrow and ratings stars.

I'd prefer to just go back to the default interface that I've always had. I don't want rummage through the MM website squinting at tiny pictures of skins without any descriptions of how they might change the functionality of MM. I live on MM to do prep music and do my radio show. I don't have time to wrestle with this skin stuff.

I just want my old, time tested MM interface.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Skins to override Skins with the Windows theme.
terryo

Post by terryo »

Thank you. That fixed it.