[SOLVED] View Main Menu Bar

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

GMGJ

[SOLVED] View Main Menu Bar

Post by GMGJ »

I am using the portable version. All the latest, Win 10 etc. If you View- toggle off the main menu bar, there is no way to toggle in back on. I would be more than happy to do a reset, but that does not work on portable
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... o-defaults.

If you had the ability to do a shortcut key to toggle it back on, that would be nice. Anything.
Erwin Hanzl

Re: View Main Menu Bar

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Var.1) Alt+M activates Main Menu Bar AND immediately click on the "VIEW" and "Main menu bar".

Var.2) At the top left you can see the MM logo. Show it with the mouse (NO mouse click)
Move the mouse very slowly to the right - then "Menue" will appear - click on it
AND immediately click on the "VIEW" and "Main menu bar".

Restart MM
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
GMGJ

Re: View Main Menu Bar

Post by GMGJ »

Thanks for the reply, but, I am unable to get Altl M to work. Spent at least 5 minutes, maximize, restore, turned off my toolbars etc.
After turning off toolbars etc, I can see a flash of the menu. So I started the monkey, positioned cursor where View would be, hit it and toggle on menu bar.
So, Because you posted, I got confidence that folks could get this to work, and found a way
Peke

Re: [SOLVED] View Main Menu Bar

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To clarify this bit more. In case of portable eversion you need to delete "MediaMonkey.registry" to reset settings.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

thanks
thinkfastsolu1

Post by thinkfastsolu1 »

I have done all of these and the software still wont show the damn menus... i fixed it once, but apparently it just breaks again..... why is this a recurring issue? i would assume yall would have this fixed after 8 years since it started happening to me back then
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Main Menu only disappears when disabled by the user. Using the Alt or Alt+V key should reveal it as should clicking left of th the tabs. If that doesn't work you can reset the interface: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... interface/

Note that the current version is MediaMonkey 5 for which this isn't an issue: https://www.mediamonkey.com/windows