Win10 minimize (title bar) not working [#12759]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

stax76

Win10 minimize (title bar) not working [#12759]

Post by stax76 »

Hello,

thanks for building and supporting one of my favorite media applications. The main menu was great on Win7, it's sad MS removed Aero. It seems the title bar customization has a problem on Win10, 70% of the minimize button is behind some control/window, I use 144 DPI.

Thanks
popsmike

Re: Win10 minimize (title bar) not working

Post by popsmike »

I seem to be having a similar problem with windows 10 Latest build 10074

My Screen Resolution is 1366X768 (recommended) for laptop widescreen.

This was a fresh install with no additions.

http://1drv.ms/1FQaKqL

Latest MM Build
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
dlowry

Windows 10 MM Won't Minimize

Post by dlowry »

Hello:
I have updated my Win 8.1 machine to Win 10.
MM seems to work fine, but it won't minimize.
It will only go to mini-player.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Lowlander

Re: Windows 10 MM Won't Minimize

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
dlowry

Post by dlowry »

Hi:
I'm using version 4.1.7.1741
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

newest version is 4.1.8.1747. Give that a try ..
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dlowry

Post by dlowry »

Well, loaded up the new version, still no joy... MM only option is the mini-player when you click the minimize button.
Anyone else seen this behavior with Win 10?
Thanks.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

The problem is that the close, maximise, and minimise buttons on Windows 10 are bigger than previous versions, so the button that MM adds to get the mini player is placed over the top of the minimise button. That button just needs to be moved to the left a bit.

While waiting for the fix, you can minimise MM by clicking its icon in the task bar.
dlowry

Post by dlowry »

Thank you for the explanation.
I await the fix.
Also, MM does not always appear in the taskbar.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rivorson wrote:The problem is that the close, maximise, and minimise buttons on Windows 10 are bigger than previous versions, so the button that MM adds to get the mini player is placed over the top of the minimise button.
This has been reported previously. I'm not sure if a fix will be coming in MediaMonkey 4.x or that it will be delayed to MediaMonkey 5.
BronyFurChrist

Post by BronyFurChrist »

I'm having the opposite problem: I can't access the mini-player because the minimize button is in front of it. Also on Windows 10, by the way. 64-bit Home version if it matters.
Darandos

Post by Darandos »

rivorson wrote:The problem is that the close, maximise, and minimise buttons on Windows 10 are bigger than previous versions, so the button that MM adds to get the mini player is placed over the top of the minimise button. That button just needs to be moved to the left a bit.

While waiting for the fix, you can minimise MM by clicking its icon in the task bar.
This works for me, but I'd like to see the minimize button fixed as well.
BenRad

"Change to Mini/Micro Player" menu covers Minimize in W10

Post by BenRad »

I guess this should be a bug report, but I have so many issues logging in to my support account, I'm posting it here.

The "Change to Micro/Mini Player" menu on all the skins I've tried, sits over the Windows 10 minimize button. It's possible to click it, but it doesn't look very pretty.
skcbait

Post by skcbait »

BronyFurChrist wrote:I'm having the opposite problem: I can't access the mini-player because the minimize button is in front of it. Also on Windows 10, by the way. 64-bit Home version if it matters.
@BronyFurChrist, if you go to "Toolbar Configuration" you can add buttons for "Switch to MiniPlayer / Maximize" and "Switch to MicroPlayer / Maximize". I've had this set up for a bit now because of an issued that got resolved a while ago, but I kind of like it, so I kept it.
Image Image

Also, just a behavior I've noticed on my computer, if I catch the spot where the "ˇ" meets the "_", I get the "MiniPlayer/MicroPlayer" drop down menu and if I click anywhere else on the combined button, I minimize the player. I don't know if anyone else can do that.