3.2.2.1300 crashes after ~5 minutes [#6654]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

bremble

3.2.2.1300 crashes after ~5 minutes [#6654]

Post by bremble »

Tonight I will use the debug, but wanted to get this rolling - I now have iPhone 4 and upgraded my MM to 3.2.2.1300 from earlier 3.2.1 version. After installing the program (on Windows XP) it recognized the iPhone and synched, but keeps crashing after about 5 mnutes. I killed all Apple iTunes/QuickTime from loading and unplugged iPhone from computer, but problem persists after re-booting. Looked for this in Bugs Reports but no one else has reported this to my knowledge).

What can I do?
nohitter151

Re: 3.2.2.1300 crashes after ~5 minutes

Post by nohitter151 »

Is it crashing only after starting the sync or is it crashing regardless of starting the sync?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bremble

Post by bremble »

No, it's crashing without synching - I thought at first it might be the synching, which is why I unplugged the iPhone and killed every app that was unnecessary. In every scenario the program crashed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case a debug log would be useful: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69 send it to the helpdesk so a developer can look into it.
bremble

Post by bremble »

I installed the debug program and ran it. The same thing happened - iPhone attached and seen by MM - crashed after 5 minutes. No iPhone attached, crashed after 5 minutes.

Also, I was not prompted by MM to save a logfile - the program completely disappears.

I am going to try to load the old version back and hope it works (albeit without iPhone capability).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to follow the instructions and run DBGView which will create the log, save the log and send it to support.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

sounds like low ram monkey gets to its fill point and closes.
:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
bremble

Post by bremble »

Logfile sent to support. Thank you.
olle

Post by olle »

I've experienced the same problem as described in above: MediaMonkey crashes at start up, or after few minutes.

The problem occurred about a week ago. It has worked with the same setup before, even syncing with my iPhone.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled QuickTime and iTunes, but with no effect. I have reinstalled MediaMonkey, but that didn't help.

I have made a debug and filed a ticket with the support, hopefully you great code hackers will work your magic and we'll get MediaMonkey back up and running soon.

My setup is:
Windows XP Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
2.08 GHz. 512 MB RAM

MediaMonkey 3.2.2.1300
iTunes 10
bremble

Post by bremble »

Here was the response I got. The problem was "Some security setting in your system, most likely. Perhaps you have enabled some option in your firewall or your "Services" panel to terminate after a given time. If so, these events should be visible in your Event Log security section. You may simply need to create an exception for MediaMonkey.exe and Decoder.exe. Likewise, check any virus scanner and protection tools you may be running. They may also kill off "suspicious" idle processes... "

The only change I made was upgrading to Media Monkey. No other settings had changed, and the previous version had worked with no problems. I have stopped my antivirus and protection scanners without any change. The firewall at the computer is off, and nothing in services is active to terminate. I'm hoping someone else has an answer. I will continue to test different things - like turning off the apple mobile device in the services. If that helps I will post.
bremble

Post by bremble »

Ok, what I did was uninstall Zumocast (last program loaded before upgrading MM). MM has been working and syncing since then without any problem. So that should be good for now.

Of course, I am also having some issues with my computer (I am asking too much of it at this point), and will soon be buying a new computer, which should hopefully end all of my problems.

Thank you to everyone for helping or reading this thread.
henryc

Post by henryc »

I have the same problem, after 5 mins, the MM crash, without trace, anything.

I installed the debug version, and MM worked again, no crash. very rare.
olle

Post by olle »

bremble wrote:Ok, what I did was uninstall Zumocast (last program loaded before upgrading MM). MM has been working and syncing since then without any problem. So that should be good for now.
Hm, Zumocast, I've been thinking that might be the problem. Will try to uninstall it. I'm not entirely happy with that, though, since I really do enjoy the ability to stream to my iPhone. But I guess I'll have to choose, and then I do choose MediaMonkey. Besides, I've got StreamToMe to handle the streaming. If that's not an issue as well...

Anyway, will get back with information how this works for me. And if this works, it's pretty clear that the problem is Zumocast. And everyone can get their hands full in solving that little bugger.

Update:
Yay! Unistalling Zumocast woked! MM complained it didn't get access to CD_play.dll (I think, stupidly I didn't write the name down, but it was CD-something) But that was before I rebooted the comp after the uninstall. Anyway, that might be lead to the problem with Zumocast might be.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MelonFarmer

Post by MelonFarmer »

I just wanted to confirm that I was also experiencing this issue and removing ZumoCast fixed it.