Remembering last playback position

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

ninerays

Remembering last playback position

Post by ninerays »

Some songs start part way through. It appears to happen if I have previously forwarded the song when it is part way through playing. Next time I play the song it starts from where I last forwarded it. It does not happen with all tracks, but I can not find a way to turn this off. Is this a bug?
Lowlander

Re: Remembering last playback position

Post by Lowlander »

This is called bookmarking. I'm not sure what the best method to disable is, but you can go into File > Filter Management and disable it in the Podcasts filter.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lowlander wrote:This is called bookmarking. I'm not sure what the best method to disable is, but you can go into File > Filter Management and disable it in the Podcasts filter.
And the audiobooks filter.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

@nohitter151
That's the only way to modify this? Seems a bit cumbersome. A global option in the Play menu would seem easier.
ninerays

Post by ninerays »

Thanks Guys for your suggestions. I have disabled bookmarking for both Podcasts & Audiobooks. I will now see how this goes & report back as to whether this fixes the issue.

This is definitely a bug as I am not playing either podcasts or audiobooks when it is happening.

Developers - Is this on the list of fixes for future versions?

Thanks again...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lowlander wrote:@nohitter151
That's the only way to modify this? Seems a bit cumbersome. A global option in the Play menu would seem easier.
yes

ninerays

Post by ninerays »

ninerays wrote:Thanks Guys for your suggestions. I have disabled bookmarking for both Podcasts & Audiobooks. I will now see how this goes & report back as to whether this fixes the issue.

This is definitely a bug as I am not playing either podcasts or audiobooks when it is happening.

Thanks again...
Unfortunately this has not fixed the issue - Any other suggestions? Are other people having this issue?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ninerays wrote:
ninerays wrote:Thanks Guys for your suggestions. I have disabled bookmarking for both Podcasts & Audiobooks. I will now see how this goes & report back as to whether this fixes the issue.

Thanks again...
Unfortunately this has not fixed the issue - Any other suggestions? Are other people having this issue?
Bookmarking is the only thing that could cause this. Check each filter to make sure it isn't enabled in one of them.