Conversion of MP3 to MP3 does not include Album Art?

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Gorn

Conversion of MP3 to MP3 does not include Album Art?

Post by Gorn »

I converted some 320kbps MP3s to 128kbps MP3s and all properties like year, title etc. were converted correctly to the new 128kbps MP3 - except the album art which is saved in the MP3, not in the folder. is this a bug or a feature? :-?

How can i produce MP3s out of other MP3 and keep the album art? i cant do this manually, there are far too many MP3 I have to convert. I use MM V2.4.1.851. Thanks.
a_cad_1

Post by a_cad_1 »

Glad to see someone else is asking about this.

No one seems to reply when I mentioned this a while back in the wishlist.
mjs93

Post by mjs93 »

Would really appreciate a fix for this. The comments, album art, and lyrics all disappear after converting. :(
Pokeycat

Post by Pokeycat »

Yeah, lemme think...

I did this a while back, but it should still work. Select the track, open Properties/ Album Art...Now you are looking at the stored art....leaving this window open, hit Save/Save As on your editor to save your edited track. Then, once it is done saving, hit OK on the properties/album art window. It should save your album art intact to the now edited file. Hope that helps...if not, you gotta use this alternate method....

Open the property/art window as above, right click the art, save the art as Art1.jpg in some random folder, then use the "Add" button on the property/art window to restore it once editing is done and your art has been wiped out. And just keep doing this, saving it to Art1.jpg each time and overwriting the saved picture. Obviously this method sucks compared to the first one....

Hope it helps
a_cad_1

Post by a_cad_1 »

Interesting solution. But there is a problem with MM/ There should not need to be a silly end user solution of juggling to make it work. MM is targeted at people with large database of music. How do you do this type of solution when you have thousands of mp3?
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

I' quoting Jiri here from another post:
This problem will be most likely fixed in MM 2.5.

Jiri
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com