Auto-Increments Track# fails to update tag on more than 15

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Veronica

Auto-Increments Track# fails to update tag on more than 15

Post by Veronica »

I THINK I FOUND A BUG AND WILL POST IN BUG SECTION: When I use the "Auto-Increments Track#" Script on only 15 files or less at a time, then the tags seem to get updated. So for example, my audiobook has 60 tracks and I want to have them ALL auto numbered. What I did was, I hightlighted/selected the first 15 tracks and I went to Tools>Scripts>Auto-Increments Track#'s and set the "Start Numbering From" to 1 and click ok. Then I highlight the next 15 tracks (tracks 16-30) and do the same process, but this time I start the numbering from where I left off at on the first batch. So the second "Batch" I will start the numbering off at 16, so that it will tag tracks 16-30. Then I next select tracks 31-45 and start the numbering off where I left off on batch 2. So this set will start at 31, so it will tag tracks 31-45. I did this until all my 50 tracks for this particular audio book were tagged with the proper "track #". Even this will save lots of time. I no longer have to tag the tracks one at a time. It was so annoying for Audiobooks. As long as you only run 15 tracks at time through the "Auto-Increments Track#s" script, then the tags WILL UPDATE PROPERLY. Wow, all my 50 tracks got tagged with proper track number in under 90 seconds. This is a timesaver. Thanks Lowlander for leading me in the right direction. If this was useful for anyone else, please let me know. I would like to know if anyone else had this problem when using the "Auto-Increments Track#s" script on more than 15 files at a time. Normally these many files are only on Multi Disc compilations, or in my case, Audiobooks. Thanks again.

I do not know if this is universal, or just me, but IT DOES work when only 15 tracks or so are used in the Auto-Increments Track#s. The LIBRARY always got updated, but the tags failed to. This is resolved when only selecting 15 tracks or so. I tried to Auto-Increment all 50 tracks at once, but the tags FAILED to update, even though the Library reflected the update, but only doing 15 tracks at a time, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY. I posted the topic at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131154. Please let me know if it is just me or if this is/was actually a bug. Thank you.
PetrCBR

Re: Auto-Increments Track# fails to update tag on more than

Post by PetrCBR »

Can you try reinstall of debug version of latest build (1137) ? I've tried and works fine for me.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

It also works for me. I just auto-incremented tracks from 25 to 48 and they all have tags.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Ok, I will install the latest version. One note though, drjboulder recommended http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ading+zero
Me and I love it. It does auto add leading 0 and much much more.