[SOLVED] Tags missing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Countryboy

[SOLVED] Tags missing

Post by Countryboy »

I just did a fresh install of latest build 4.1.25 and I'm missing tags in mediamonkey. My whole library shows without album, date and genre.

I remove 4.1.25 and did a fresh install of latest official version 4.1.24.1883 and everything is fine. all tags are showing.

Itunes, Musicbee and mp3tag all show the tags correctly.

Regular itunes store purchase audio files (unprotected)
Latest windows 10 (1903)
Lowlander

Re: Tags missing

Post by Lowlander »

Are you not upgrading from the older version? The tags are in the database and should still exist (unless you're not using the Library and using My Computer instead).

Are your files WAV files?
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

No. As I stated my audio files are all purchase iTunes store aac or iTunes plus rip.

I haven't used mediamonkey in a few years as I was on a mac up until recently.

Fresh install latest version 4.1.25 and scan my library to add music files, once it's done look in my library and Album, Genre and Date is missing. Everything shows correctly on version 4.1.24.1883

I would add a screenshot but don't know how to.....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps you had the MediaMonkey Codec Pack installed: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... odec-pack/
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Not sure if I explained myself correctly - don't think the codec pack is relevant here.

1) Install 4.1.25 and scan music folder --> certain tags are missing in media monkey (album, date, genre)

2) uninstall 4.1.25 completely

3) Install 4.1.24.1883 and scan music folder --> all tags appear correctly in media monkey

No other actions or changes made, just followed those 3 simple steps.

I can stick with 1883 version however I believe there are important updates/fixes when a new build is available, also worried that if I update version in the future that tags will disappear.
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Any comments/solutions/known issues/support for this?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, we are not aware of such issue. Can you please Send me PM or Open support ticket and supply us with download link for few files that are missing tags after scan in 4.1.25? You can also compare behavior if install two separate versions of MMW as Portable installation which will not interfere regular install eg. c:\MM1883 and c:\MM1887
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
macmcd

Post by macmcd »

I've noticed that since I installed 4.1.25.1886 that iPlayer TV programmes are missing tags when imported. For instance all the Series titles are just 'TV'; the only genre that is imported is 'Comedy' and no dates are imported but a few of the Date fields have just the year. I tried re-installing build 1883 over 1887 but the same thing happens.
I then carried out a fresh install of build 1883 on a laptop and imported some of the problem files and all tags are displayed correctly. The files are stored on my NAS, should that have any bearing on the matter.

Hope this helps narrow down the problem,
Mac.

Edit: I have now reverted to build 1883 and tags are imported correctly but those files imported while I had 1886 and 1887 installed have had their tags permanently changed.
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

I apologize for not responding sooner, I have uninstalled all versions. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I am coming back to windows after a few years on mac (died on me) and have been testing a couple of different music player/manager. The decision that best suits me need is with a competitor mostly because of the current and the future state of the software (MM5).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Interesting.

Can you please elaborate hat you meant by "current and the future state of the software (MM5)."?

Feel free to criticize in comparison. It is evolution and MM5 is ATM not mature, but can learn from mistakes.

There are really nice existing TV series browse/manage apps Like Kodi, Sonarr, ... what are your suggestions for MM5 improvements?

You should try it as Portable from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
musziqluvher

MMW Not reading external ID TAG updates

Post by musziqluvher »

Background: I've been updating/managing my files for years using various programs. The one I've settled on for updating my music file tags is TagScanner (current version 6.0.3.35. It's a very robust batch tag editor/file renamer. I've been using it for many years now.

SItuation: I could be wrong but it seems like recently MMW4 isn't reading the tags after I update them externally with this program. If I remove the music from my library and add it back, the updates show. This seems like very odd behavior. I'm quite sure MMW used to read any updates that were made regardless of how they were made. Correct me if I'm wrong...

MMW 4.1.25.1888

Extensions: Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix, Advanced repeat, Backup, Import M3U, RegExp Find and Replace, Update Location of Files in Database
MMW 5.0.4.2690 | MMA 2.0.0.1063

MM Remote 2.9 | Android 13
MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you send me download link to to version of same file:
1. MM4 tagged file
2. TagScanner Tagged file

I will analyze them and see MM4 and MM5 behavior in order to determine what went wrong.

NOTE: Unless folder is monitored and forced tag update on scan is enabled MM never updated tags automatically if they are changed in other apps.
Best regards,
Peke
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

I've fixed most of them by removing/re-scanning.
I did find a few more that are affected. Here's a link to one of them.
In this file "Album Artist" and Year are missing in MM4.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P5Ssf ... OmbdWZwPAA

All of my music folders are continuously monitored. How can I find this setting to force tag update on scan? I haven't found it yet.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I tested with the 50cent file supplied but am unable to replicate the problem. Here's what I did:

1 Install and run MediaMonkey 4.1.24 [clean portable install]
2 Within the startup wizard, initiate a scan of the directory containing the 50cent file (no import of iTunes metadata)
--> all metadata is imported (Title/Artist/Album/Album Artist/Genre/Year)

3 Install and run MediaMonkey 4.1.25.1888 [clean portable install i.e. to a different directory]
4 Within the startup wizard, initiate a scan of the directory containing the 50cent file (no import of iTunes metadata)
--> all metadata is imported (Title/Artist/Album/Album Artist/Genre/Year)

So MM 4.1.25 doesn't seem to exhibit a problem re. scanning tags from this file, unless there's a different issue related to import of metadata from iTunes. Can you confirm whether the issue occurs only with the import option enabled?

If anyone can replicate the problem within Metadata import enabled, can you send me other files that exhibit the problem?

Thanks!

-Rusty
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

The issue isn't with a fresh install of MM tho. The problem arises after the file has been scanned and then modified by another application. There is one setting which was off that I wasn't aware of. I had my primary folder set to scan continuously. Although all sub folders were selected, they weren't set to scan continuously. I just changed that setting. I restarted MM and nothing changed. The tag is still not updated. The culprit seems to be a sub-option of scanning new files. I have to remove the check for "only for files with changed timestamp or size", as I have the TagScanner program not update timestamps when updating my tags. This part seems to have fixed the issue.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b