Long load time [#13265]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Panchdara

Long load time [#13265]

Post by Panchdara »

just installed Spring Update Win 10... horribly long to load now. Splash screen pops up then it takes over 60 secs to finally load - each time. And time line doesn't start to move until after 8 secs playing... MM5 beta seems much better - loads fast and plays (timeline too) much better.
Lowlander

Re: Long load time

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey? Have you tried to run File > Maintain Library with complete optimization?
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Thanks - just waiting for it to fire back up..... next will be to clear the db and reload (70k songs)

But the time line only starts to display after 8 secs - the very first song plays immediately, but takes 8 secs for the timeline to get motivated. Second, third... songs take about 6 secs to start.

I'll try repopulating the database.... even takes 60 secs to load with an empty db
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Nope. Uninstall, clean directories and reinstall... brand new db - empty. Takes over 60 secs to load. Disconnect network card - still 60+ secs to load. Oh well... back to Winamp.
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Okay - turn off RealTime Protection (Windows Defender) and it works a treat. Defender is doing something!
Duke999R

Post by Duke999R »

Same thing happening for me...I've tried adding an exclusion for both C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey both with no effect. Only way to get normal start up behaviour is to turn off real time protection in Defender.
Riding the bleeding edge. :o
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Yes, exactly what Duke says.... I tried all the exclusions, including the folders where the media is located.. nada. I will say though, MM5 does work fine. There's definitely something wacky with the latest MM4 beta and defender. I even tried disconnecting NIC thinking it was look elsewhere... MM4 4.1.21.1866 definitely has a Defender issue (at least that's what it looks like)...
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

MM4 4.1.21.1866 definitely has a Defender issue
Are you sure that it is issue only with MM4 4.1.21.1866 ?
I guess that all MM4 builds are affected by the Deffender issue?

EDIT: Could you please generate debug log ? item 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Upload it to a free file hosting service (Box, DropBox, RapidShare, FileDropper) and share the link here?

Entered as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14820
Duke999R

Post by Duke999R »

Hi Ludek. I'm using MM4 4.1.21.1864 due to an issue I'm having with DNLA sharing on both 1865 and 1866.

I've installed the corresponding debug version, and it does not generate a debug log file.

I've opened a ticket on the help desk, and attached the DebugView log.

Edit: Link to DebugView Log: https://mega.nz/#!dsdGjRoD!8AhhtnGDvCCK ... h3hIU1Sj4M

Like an idiot I accidentally attached a copy of DebugView itself to the ticket #RDS-991-90091.
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

I'll sift thru getting a debug file later today.

Best
Hugh
Plotino

Post by Plotino »

I have the same problem after the installation of Windows 10 April Update
I don't use Windows Defender but Kaspersky Internet Security
My MediaMonkey version is 4.1.21.1866 Beta
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Duke999R wrote:Hi Ludek. I'm using MM4 4.1.21.1864 due to an issue I'm having with DNLA sharing on both 1865 and 1866.
Can I ask which DLNA issues do you see? Is it reported somewhere?
I've installed the corresponding debug version, and it does not generate a debug log file.
Did you install
http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... _Debug.exe
?

Could you try to start DbgView as administrator and in menu > Capture ensure that '[x] Capture Win 32 ' is checked.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized that the debug log is already generated at https://mega.nz/#!dsdGjRoD!8AhhtnGDvCCK ... h3hIU1Sj4M

EDIT2: I have analyzed the log and see that the loading time is 15 seconds which is really a long time,
but 12 seconds of this seems to takes objects related to scripting (TEventedAutoObject Created, Class: TSDBMenuItem).
Could you try temporarily rename folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts.off\

and try again how it starts then?

EDIT3: I've tried to replicate myself on low power laptop (HP core i3) and after the Win10 upgrade the first start of MM really takes a long time (13 seconds here), but any subsequent start takes just 3 seconds. Is it what you are seeing or all starts takes long time for you? Also is there any time before the first line is shown in the DbgView ? In my case it is about 2 seconds on the first start of MM (after PC restart), then it is instantaneous.
Duke999R

Post by Duke999R »

Ludek,

DLNA issue is that my library fails to appear after opening the client on my playback device (Samsung TV). I have not reported this issue elsewhere. I have installed 1866 to test and get the slow start up issue, but have reinstalled .1864 as DLNA is my primary method of playback.

Re EDIT 2: Renaming the Scripts folder has no effect for me. I do get an error message "File C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey init.vbs cannot be opened: the file is unavailable or you may not have permission to access it" which I ignore, and the slow to start.

Re EDIT 3: All MM4 program starts take approx. 15 seconds except when I have disabled real time protection in Windows Defender. MM5 starts as normal.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Duke999R wrote:Ludek,
DLNA issue is that my library fails to appear after opening the client on my playback device (Samsung TV). I have not reported this issue elsewhere. I have installed 1866 to test and get the slow start up issue, but have reinstalled .1864 as DLNA is my primary method of playback.
Thanks for reporting! I see, fix of #14660 broke #13265, will be fixed in 1867 as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13265
Duke999R wrote: Re EDIT 2: Renaming the Scripts folder has no effect for me. I do get an error message "File C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey init.vbs cannot be opened: the file is unavailable or you may not have permission to access it" which I ignore, and the slow to start.

Re EDIT 3: All MM4 program starts take approx. 15 seconds except when I have disabled real time protection in Windows Defender. MM5 starts as normal.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Could you please attach new debug log (but with both scripts folders disabled):
C:\Users\ontwo\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\

Thanks!

EDIT: Maybe better just attach the log (zipped) as an attachement to the eSupport ticket and we can continue individually via the ticket (#RDS-991-90091).
Ludek

Re: Long load time [#13265]

Post by Ludek »

FYI: So far we have found that a third party addon/script is causing it with combination of the Windows Defender issue.
To be found which script it is (Tools > Extensions and try to uninstall it one by one).