1681: Autoplaylists and ratings

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jcoons72

1681: Autoplaylists and ratings

Post by jcoons72 »

There is an issue with ratings and autoplaylists with rating criteria. I created an autoplaylist with three songs requiring a rating of 3 or above. I then synced this to my iphone. Then I went to the iphone and played the three songs, changing the rating to 5 stars, 2 stars, and 4 stars on the three songs. Then I synced the phone again. I got the popup to delete the file with 2 stars (which is good) but the other two files did not update their rating. Different testing has yielded different results. Sometimes, none of the files are changed. Sometimes, one of the files is updated to 5 stars and the other two files are not (including the one that should be deleted). It seems random...I can't determine the pattern.

This is a valid use case. I have all my new music at 3 stars, then sync it to my phone. As I'm listening to them (dance remixes), I rate them either as a song I want to keep on the phone (4-5 stars) or remove from the phone (1-2 stars).

Can anyone else cause this behavior? I'm on Windows 8.1 with an iphone 5 on 7.0.4.

Thanks!

Jim
nohitter151

Re: 1681: Autoplaylists and ratings

Post by nohitter151 »

No, I cannot reproduce this behavior. I have an iPhone 4 but the ratings seem to sync back regardless of whether a track is in an autoplaylist or not.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I cannot replicate too (iTouch5, iOS 7.0.4) and I also haven't found a reason for it in the code. In my case rating is updated immeditally after re-connecting the device during 'Scanning' of the device or on the next Auto-sync.

EDIT: It maybe happen when the device stays connected? Verifying...
EDIT 2: It works also when the device stays connected, it was issue in the past http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9398 , but was fixed.

So I don't have an idea why the issue appears for you (unless you are using 4.0.7 where the issue 9398 existed), probably if you could reproduce it with 4.1.0.1681 on a small set of tracks and generate debug log (item 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 ) then it could shed some light on this.
jcoons72

Post by jcoons72 »

Ticket KHX-934939 logged with debug file.
jcoons72

Post by jcoons72 »

This issues is resolved. I rebuilt my machine and I don't see it anymore. It might have been an issue with the Windows 8.1 evaluation version I was using.