4.1.0.1623 Not Removing Files on Sync?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

ACraigL

4.1.0.1623 Not Removing Files on Sync?

Post by ACraigL »

Hi,

I noticed that the current beta of MMW is no longer removing files (videos in my case) on sync after they have been removed from the library. I confirmed that in the device > Auto-Sync (-->Device) tab 'Delete other files and playlists from the device [Unselected Library Files]' is checked (as is the confirm deletion option).

I am I missing a new setting or config that will restore this ability? Or known issue?

Thanks!
ACraigL

Re: 4.1.0.1623 Not Removing Files on Sync?

Post by ACraigL »

Got it. Functionality change. Needed to change the setting from [Unselected Library Files] to [All other media files].
Solved :)
natakk

Post by natakk »

what kind of media will deleted with (all other media files)
i have some ringtones on my iphone which are synced by itunes not MM.

for me it also looks like the (unselected library files) don't work as it should.
the songs no longer listed on the iphone for listening but if i look in MM and creat a
playlist with synced files to iphone they are still there.
ACraigL

Post by ACraigL »

natakk wrote:what kind of media will deleted with (all other media files)
i have some ringtones on my iphone which are synced by itunes not MM.

for me it also looks like the (unselected library files) don't work as it should.
the songs no longer listed on the iphone for listening but if i look in MM and creat a
playlist with synced files to iphone they are still there.
I believe the sync root is based on the location settings. Since I have all my media syncing to a dedicated folder, no other files are removed from my device. Use the confirm option to test, that way you can see what will be deleted before you actually remove them.