[1485] syncing iOS5 iPod Touch still fails

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

yarman

[1485] syncing iOS5 iPod Touch still fails

Post by yarman »

I have now downloaded and installed version 1485. It has not solved the problem of syncing with my IOS5 iTouch. But the problem is slightly different now. I synced 3 tracks, all MP3 so no conversion was required. The three tracks do appear in MM on the iTouch, but when I click on the first track to play it, MM immediately drops to the 3rd (last) track and plays it; previously no tracks would play. The tracks do not appear on the iTouch itself (that is when the iTouch is not connected to computer) nor do they appear to be on the iTouch when I connect it to iTunes.

As well, MM does not recognize any of the playlists that are on the iTouch, even one synced by MM.

1485 appears to work just fine with a standard iPod, running the current 1.3 software.

I see that the change log for 1485 says this issue has been resolved, but it still doesn't work for me.
patch

Re: [1485] syncing iOS5 iPod Touch still fails

Post by patch »

Deleting all music in iTunes then re-adding it in MM fixed my problem.
Was on an iPhone4 with current iOS, not exactly the same problems as yours but it maybe worth a try.

Post by Guest »

Getting the same issue. Updated to 1485 but still getting the same problem.

iPhone 4s 64GB Windows 7 32bit
yarman

Post by yarman »

patch wrote:Deleting all music in iTunes then re-adding it in MM fixed my problem.
I would have loved to have been able to say this worked. It didn't. Oh, well. Back to iTunes.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

installed 1485 and synced my ipod touch 4th gen and my Iphone 4S... everything seems like it worked like a charm.....

All the songs play on the iOS devices... all the playlists sync fine...
the only real minor issue is that itunes shows all the synced songs as "other" but they all work....
gotta say this build is seeming pretty good as far as the sync issues I was having goes.
elliah

Post by elliah »

outlandis wrote:installed 1485 and synced my ipod touch 4th gen and my Iphone 4S... everything seems like it worked like a charm.....

All the songs play on the iOS devices... all the playlists sync fine...
the only real minor issue is that itunes shows all the synced songs as "other" but they all work....
gotta say this build is seeming pretty good as far as the sync issues I was having goes.
I have the same issue but my ipod touch 4th gen only shows 18 songs. May I know what configuration settings you're using?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Elliah,

Out of curiousity, did you sync with builds 1482, 1483, or 1484 previously?

-Rusty
elliah

Post by elliah »

No. I was previously on MM4.0.1 and using the itunes plugin. I only found out about the latest build yesterday and wanted to give it a try. I actually wiped all the music off my ipod touch and did a clean install on my pc of build 1485, then I did the sync.
GD3771730

Post by GD3771730 »

Unfortunately, I do confirm that build 1485 does not solve IOS 5.1 problems.
Every track appears in MM but many are greyed out when playing is attempted. Those numerous tracks do not display on the iphone. They can be M4A or MP3.
One clue : strange characters on MM iphone list appear only for M4A files, not MP3.

Iphone 4, IOS 5.1, MM 4.0.5 build 1485.
I tested previous beta releases 1483 and 1484 before but cleaned the iPhone music list with iTunes before testing build 1485.
Every tracks belong to one playlist. 1494 tracks mainly FLAC files converted to M4A.

Hope this will help. Difficult to produce a log while the problem appears randomly.

Gil
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

GD3771730 wrote:Difficult to produce a log while the problem appears randomly.
A debug log (step 4b) would be especially useful in this type of situation: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
GD3771730

Post by GD3771730 »

I have just produced a video capture and a debug log.
Everything is stored here: http://dl.free.fr/aszd8kwWI

Kind regards.
Gil
bremble

Post by bremble »

I don't have the Touch, but I do have an iPhone and an iPad. I had similar problems when I first attempted to use Media Monkey - skipped tracks, greyed-out tracks, other general problems. What I did that worked was that I stopped the sync in iTunes, then backed up and restored the iPhone and iPad. The music was completely wiped off the units, and I could use Media Monkey to transfer over without any problems...almost. That's another post, though.
GD3771730

Post by GD3771730 »

Hi,

I finally managed to synchronize my 1494 tracks. The problems are clearly related to the reading of tracks with MM.

1) If one displays and plays tracks from the iphone "Music" node, then synchronize, many errors occur (as previously described)
2) If one strictly avoid displaying and playing tracks from the iPhone music node and synchronize music, everything is OK.

Gil
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

GD3771730 wrote:Hi,

I finally managed to synchronize my 1494 tracks. The problems are clearly related to the reading of tracks with MM.

1) If one displays and plays tracks from the iphone "Music" node, then synchronize, many errors occur (as previously described)
2) If one strictly avoid displaying and playing tracks from the iPhone music node and synchronize music, everything is OK.

Gil
I cannot reproduce the issue, it works fine here despite the fact I play the files in iTouch or not.
Let us know whether you are still experiencing this with build 1486 (that was posted yesterday and is more stable re. iOS5 than previous builds).
GD3771730

Post by GD3771730 »

The display problem (odd characters) remains. A video files shows the problem here http://dl.free.fr/e03jz9SAa

The synchronisation is OK. Files are correctly transferred and can be played both in MM and in the iPhone, even after having browsed the iphone 'music' node.

We can consider that the residual bug is minor and perhaps resulting from the successive trials done with previous builds.

Thank you for the nice job. MM is really a product I do appreciate everyday.

Gil