cd burn speed disappearing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Post by guest »

[MM B1, WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates, LITE-ON LTR-52327S]

I tried to burn data CDs. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I noticed that when I select the burn speed (from the drop down list) it stays selected for 2-3 seconds then the field becomes blank again. If I hit the burn button before the speed setting disappears the burning proceeds. If I hit the burn button after the speed setting disappears the burn dialog ends and nothing happens (neither burn nor error message).

So of course I installed the debug version - but it doesn't happen in the debug version :) The speed setting stays selected and all burns work ok.

[Btw, why isn't there an option to catalog the burned songs as they are being burned, instead of forsing a scan after the burn to have the burned songs appear in the database?]

Post by guest »

> [MM B1, WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates, LITE-ON LTR-52327S]

MM B1 gold, that is.
Peke

Post by Peke »

LITE-ON LTR-52327S I have found the one of worst CD-RW Burners. There is some problems with nero too I know that as there is nero OEM made to work only with that version My girlfriend used to have that LITE-ON and Nero OEM that do not work on any other Burners :( Check for latest Firmware for LITE-ON LTR-52327S there is maybe fix for that behavior and if that do not help then send debug log to MM support.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by guest »

> LITE-ON LTR-52327S

works perfevtly with nero express

> send debug log to MM support

as i said, it happens in the regular b1 only. b1 debug works ok, so the debug log is meaningless ...
Insomniac

Post by Insomniac »

Same problem with me, Memorex drive.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Send a debug log then Insomniac!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Insomniac

Post by Insomniac »

I'm having the same thing 'guest' said, when I try this in the Debug version, doesn't happen.

That renders it useless.
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

Same with me. And as Insomniac said the problem disappears when you use the debug version so it is no use.

Post by guest »

abrazor wrote:Same with me. And as Insomniac said the problem disappears when you use the debug version so it is no use.
works ok for me now in b2 [regular]
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

Yeah, in beta 2 the bug is fixed. :D :D