1414 - Library filter/collection criteria issue

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

BramKa

1414 - Library filter/collection criteria issue

Post by BramKa »

Hi I'm new to this testing so please forgive me if this is the wrong way of giving feedback. I'm using winvista, MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1014, 2 HD C: and D: and External HD I: on which my music is located.

I noticed on this latest version a part of my collection (total amount of it is around 17000 files) was missing. Only I could locate them in the library using the location folder. in the music tree a part was missing. My collection criteria was set to 'type' equals 'music' and 'music video'. After de-selecting these everything was back. But the problem is thus that by default not my whole collection is opening!
Last edited by BramKa on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: 1414 - Library filter/collection criteria issue

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Collections are filtered, only Entire Library shows all files. You might have files listed as Classical Music.
BramKa

Post by BramKa »

Lowlander, thanks for your quick response! That is right a part that was missing is genre 'general classical'. But what I don't understand is why it is filtering out general classical or other genres when the only filter that is selected is 'type equals music' . Normally all music should be shown then or not? If you need more info just let me know.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, because Classical Music is it's own Type and has it's own Collection.
BramKa

Post by BramKa »

OK that's good to know, thank you. For the rest MM4 works great for me keep up the good work!
Bassplayer

Post by Bassplayer »

HI MM4 Beta is a huge step forward, thanks for your effort! There is one issue confusing me:
Lowlander wrote:No, because Classical Music is it's own Type and has it's own Collection.
How does MM detect what classical music is and what not? I have a lot of classical music organized mainly in categories "chamber music", "opera", "classical" but the classical music collection only shows the latter. Even when I manually changed the MP3tags from "chamber music" to "classical" the files didn't show up. Any ideas what mistake I'm making here? Or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It will only determine Type when the files are scanned in the first time. After that you can change the Type manually to whichever Type you want in the Properties window.

Also see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 74#p299374
Bassplayer

Post by Bassplayer »

Lowlander wrote:It will only determine Type when the files are scanned in the first time. After that you can change the Type manually to whichever Type you want in the Properties window.

Also see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 74#p299374
That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the fast response!