d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by nohitter151 »

captain_flymo wrote:Hi all

I've just bought a spanky new 3Gs and it has nothing on it - no music or podcasts or anything else. I added the latest plugin dll but I get told it can only read my phone, not write to it. I upgraded to firmware 3.0.1 as soon as I got it. What am I missing here? This is my first iPod/iPhone/iAnythingElse so I ahve no experience with synching this thing at all.

Cheers for any pointers :)
I guess you didn't put the plugin in the right folder, since that message comes from the old plugin.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
andig

Post by andig »

Will the new dll make it into the 3.1 releases? I guess it's too late for 3.1.1 already?

Best regards,
Andreas
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

Hi,

I have some problems with the recognizing process.

This is the third time what I can't browse my iPhone when it's connected to MM (it looks empty). I have already restored my iPhone two times and with a fresh iPhone it was no problem to sync. But now when I try to sync after a couple of day, it looks is empty. I can play and I can see playlist in iTunes. Since it looks empty, MM tries to sync it a 2nd time, If I continue it will lead to doublets of all tracks on my iPhone. Any suggestions?

Edit: I use iTunes to manually sync Apps and Pictures and Video, NOT music, I also use Cydia and Inst***us. I have installed a lot between the first sync with MM and I don't want to restore again :)
Hugh wrote:Hi,

I've tested the latest dll and I have some issues with "double sync" (MM & iTunes) :
- I flush my music with iTunes (the iPod Touch is empty except for applications, video, photos).
- I plug my iPod Touch on MM : an icon appears with "iPod Touch (Hugh)" appears.
- I synchronize all the MM library : it works fine.
- I quit MM and I launch iTunes.
- I synchronize the iPod Touch : it works fine.
- I quit iTunes and I launch MM : sometimes it works (an icon appears with "iPod Touch (Hugh)"), sometimes not (an icon appears with "iPod Touch" and no music insite). After that, MM didn't recognize anymore my iPod (the one with my name between brackets).

Any idea ?

Hugh.
rhodemi1 wrote:I have some issues with my ipod touch not being correctly recognised by MM after simply opening Itunes with it plugged in.

So I started from scratch with a restore. Synced my music with MM, which all then appears on my touch (seen from within in MM). Also Still there when i disconnect and look directly on my touch.

Closing MM and opening again seems to be no problem.

Closing MM, opening Itunes (manually manage music is ticked), then closing itunes and opening MM.....ipod Touch is shown as the device (previously it was my name) and I cannot see any of the Music on my touch via MM anymore. It is still available directly though.

I need to use Itunes to sync movies. If this feature was available in MM then I wouldn't use itunes at all.

I am not sure if this is a problem just for me or if anyone esle sees the issue. Many thanks for all the work on the new plugin!!
This looks exact as my recognize problem

I tried to install 8.1.0.52 ref to Guide to ipod sync
1. iTunes Version 8.1.1, introduced April 2009, makes several changes regarding VoiceOver and syncing with iPhone or iPod touch, and users have reported that after installing 8.1.1 their devices are no longer recognized by MediaMonkey.

But my iPhone require 8.2 or later...
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

See above post...

I´m not sure, but can it have something to do with what safely remove device doesn't work?
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

I have the exact same problem as MM will not recognise the songs after a few days and a few sync (other than music) in itunes (manually manage music selected).

Songs originally autosynced with MM without a flaw...

Going back to MM this mornings songs were not displayed (but displayed in itunes and iphone)...THEN:

If you try to autosync in MM while songs are not seen the existing ones disappear on the iphone and show up as other in itunes and only new auto-sync content from MM will show up on iphone (and MM and itunes).

Any way I can repair this without doing a restore? What is causing this as I was able to do a few syncs in Itunes without this issue popping up. Now I'm screwed and hoepfully can repair this without a restore....

Thx for the help and aprreciate the effort in making this work...Apple is worst than microsoft regarding this kind of stuff.....
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

Oh and by the way the link to download 1260 does not work. Does it have the latest and greatest iphone.dll?
Thx Jiri
eric
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

The 1260 link worked for me.

It does not have this d_phone.dll included.

Mark
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

I am not seeing ratings synced back to mediamonkey when they are changed on the iPhone. Of course, this could be an issue specific to me for some reason, since I had this problem before (pre 3.0). But I was hoping that this new DLL would fix the issue for me.

is anyone else seeing ratings not get synced back to MM from the iPhone?
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

Wargazm wrote:is anyone else seeing ratings not get synced back to MM from the iPhone?
No, what works flawless fore me. If only the recognizing problem could be solved everything would more when great.

The combination of sync with MM to keep rating and playstat in MM and scrobbling to last.fm using scrobbl (Cydia app req. jailbreak) is pretty cool 8)
Boys Don't Cry
andig

Post by andig »

I'm still seing the problem with cover art corruption same as with 2.0 fw (ipod touch 2g).
1) sync mm (on empty ipod): cover art is fine
2) sync podcasts with itunes -> album covers are broken
More specifically, itunes seems to update album covers with podcast covers-> seems the album covers aren't writting in a way that itunes itself fully recognizes?

Best regards,
Andreas
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

RobertSmith wrote:
Wargazm wrote:is anyone else seeing ratings not get synced back to MM from the iPhone?
No, what works flawless fore me.
nuts.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Wargazm wrote:
RobertSmith wrote:
nuts.
I noticed that playcounts are now being synced back as well where they weren't with 2.0 firmware and the old iPhone plugin!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

Wargazm wrote:
RobertSmith wrote:
nuts.
???
Boys Don't Cry
dbdog

Post by dbdog »

Just wanted to say a BIG THANKS for developing this plugin. It works fine for me. You rock jiri!

FYI, for your testing purposes, After I copied some music over, my video files ended up all in one folder under TV shows instead of being in separate folders for each show - i.e. 30 Rock videos were lumped in with Dexter videos. They were in separate folders before or at least the tags were being picked up by the iphone indicating that they were seperate series.
crites

Post by crites »

Hey, where can I d/l d_phone.dll?
Thnx,
-TAC